PMR Refinery in Quebec Canada review

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

I just dealth with them with 500kg ceramic converters and they paid us promptly. So I just like to give them a positive feedback on this company located in Quebec Canada.

Happy New Yr everyone
Kevin

If memory serves, PMR is in or near Montreal, and specializes in catalytic convertors. They look for the platinum group metals (platinum, palladium, rhodium).

They are a fair sized outfit and have been in this business a while (at least 10 years in their current form). Some ex Noranda employees as I recall.

Regards, Gerald

Their return on pgms value has been pretty good compare to other firms i contacted.

kevin

Gerald we had a thread a while back where a member here by the name of greatgems said he sent a batch to PMR and they sent the material to Texas for refining. http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9945
It sounds like you know the company though, and
maybe they were backlogged or their process was under shutdown, or maybe the poster was in error.

If they refine the converters I wonder if they wouldn't also possibly buy pure pgms or pgm concentrates.

skippy said:
Gerald we had a thread a while back where a member here by the name of greatgems said he sent a batch to PMR and they sent the material to Texas for refining. http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9945
It sounds like you know the company though, and
maybe they were backlogged or their process was under shutdown, or maybe the poster was in error.

If they refine the converters I wonder if they wouldn't also possibly buy pure pgms or pgm concentrates.

I met one of the guys from there at a conference about 7 years ago. I am just going on memory of what he said in our conversation. If I recall correctly, he said they had their own refining process developed by several ex-employees from the Noranda Tech Center, but didn't/wouldn't elaborate. I assumed that they were actually operating that process.

I wasn't in the PGM industry - it was just an intellectual curiosity - so I didn't follow up or anything. Maybe he was just full of it, or maybe not. I never toured their facility, so I cannot say with absolute certainty that they refine themselves. They may refine some things and not others. They may just assay, but it is tough to make money by collecting and assaying AND paying fairly high returns, without also doing the refining in-house.

Sorry, in my last post on the topic, I should have said "I believe they do their own refining, based on an old conversation I had with this dude."

Best Regards, Gerald

All,

I have been trying to contact the PMR refinary and hasn't recieved any respond to my emails or phone calls since Dec 25th, anyone know if they are still on holidays or not?

Best regards,
Kevin

Thanks Noxx, that explained it :-D I guesss Montreal still on French culture ;) they have a long bank holiday or something like that over in France.

Regards,
Kevin

I have sent them 1200 or so converters in the last month. Not only were their returns accurate, as was their initial check-in, i found their professionalism to be second to none. I was dealing with Nicolas.

Two thumbs up for PMR. They seem to be equally financially solid as they are professional, integrity seems to run high at this place of business.

C

kjavanb123 said:
All,

I just dealth with them with 500kg ceramic converters and they paid us promptly. So I just like to give them a positive feedback on this company located in Quebec Canada.

Happy New Yr everyone
Kevin

If you don't mind me asking, how was PMR's prices on the refined material? What was the mix on the material ou sent?
I have around 50 ford converters and 10 new DPF and diesel units along with some high grade gm and foreigns. I'm debating on cutting out my own material (to save on shipping/ transportation costs) I travel to florida a few times a year, so transporting to their Delray beach location would work perfect for me.

I guess I'm a little concerned on the prices I've been getting from one of the large core buyers here, versus decanning and shipping/transporting material for assay and refinement.

Any help or information about PMR and the basic break down on some of the prices you've gotten versus selling to core buyers or decanning with PMR
Thanks!

As a quick update on the subject... PMR does not refine here in Quebec. They are not a refiner.
They decan the guts, assay and ship the material to be refined elsewhere.

If my memory serves me right they pay a 93% returns on PGMs

No representation allowed to take samples of your material on site for your own assays, you have to trust them on the numbers... I wouldn't...

Alex

NC,

I worked with them few years ago, but if I recall correctly, I shipped them 2 loads weighing 1800lbs and 3400lbs of mostly low grade cats and their return was above 97%. Prompt payment and great people.

Regards
Kevin

A company called Gerdau Ameristeel who I work with ships there converters and oxygen sensors to them. I’m thinking there a legit company. I’m sure they will only deal with large generators thou.

Are they a real refinery or si
All,

Happy New Yr everyone
Kevin
If you were happy with their results you would do back flips over ours. No one in the states use them at all because they are the most dishonest company in the business. They pay you a percent of a percent. So if you terms with them are 97/97/92 you are getting 97/97/92 not of 100% of their terms at the actual refinery. If they paid you a true 97% that would leave them and the refinery with 0 profit.

Back