Preparing Metal for Digestion

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Than a power washer delivering 750 psi with 4 nozzles will be enough
But it should not be low flow

then the gpm is important here
GPM: Gallons per minute or flow rate is

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200402931_200402931?cm_ite=313122&cm_pla=Pressure%20Washers%3EElectric-Cold%20Water&cm_cat=SMARTER&cm_ven=Aggregates

Can someone tell me if I am correct here and if yes than what should be the GPM for something like this

Refiner232121 said:
Than a power washer delivering 750 psi with 4 nozzles will be enough
But it should not be low flow

then the gpm is important here
GPM: Gallons per minute or flow rate is

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200402931_200402931?cm_ite=313122&cm_pla=Pressure%20Washers%3EElectric-Cold%20Water&cm_cat=SMARTER&cm_ven=Aggregates

Can someone tell me if I am correct here and if yes than what should be the GPM for something like this

Uhhh, that is going to be a little over kill.

View attachment atomizer study.pdf

Hi Barren
I looked through that pdf and thanks.
how would you summarize what was written there
how many psi and how many gpm for something like what we are talking about

If someone wanted to delve into the technical aspects of the science of spray system design, this link is excellent.

It also has contact information for help. 8)

I'll warn you ahead of time the whole site and field is huge.

http://www.spray.com/cat70/index.html

Home page:

http://www.spray.com/

Refiner232121 said:
Hi Barren
I looked through that pdf and thanks.
how would you summarize what was written there
how many psi and how many gpm for something like what we are talking about

There are a lot of different variables that go into this.

golddie said:
Gsp you have given this subject a new perspective

"hydraulic capacitor", which is a simple hi-pressure air/water tank
HAuCl4
what would this setup look like

In the other thread this is discussed, 4metals suggested using 4 pressure cleaners. This maybe a cheaper option, because high pressure tanks are expensive. In the pressure tank option, you calculate how much volume you need for the complete atomizing job, and then proceed to fill the tank with enough water and pressured air, so that when you open a valve the water is released through the nozzles.

In that same thread there are some specs of the "atomizer". What are the specs for the machine you bought?. You may need little else or a lot more equipment, depending on what you already have.

Hi HAuCl4
Thanks for that info
I never knew that a thread like that existed
Can you or someone else give me the link to that

I just found this
99.5%? Is it possible?
Maybe I will find my answer there

I looked through this newly found thread and I was not able to find much help
This is from 4metals
I do know that I've personally seen manifolds supplied with 5000 psi of pressure with 4 individual 1250 psi nozzles at 1.4 gpm coming off to form the 4 nozzle arrangement to atomize the metals.
This is getting confusing
HAuCl4
where in the thread does 4metals explain the setup

Refiner232121 said:
Hi HAuCl4
Thanks for that info
I never knew that a thread like that existed
Can you or someone else give me the link to that

I just found this
99.5%? Is it possible?
Maybe I will find my answer there

I'm sure you'll find a lot of answers there, maybe even on other topics that you didn't know you had questions about, as well. 8)

In that thread there is a link to yet another thread where another member discusses his equipment, and shows photographs of some crudely atomized material. (more like fine shot). It is all there, but not in one coherent piece. Maybe you can make a summary of everything and post a summary document right here?. You can even add diagrams. It is damn simple. :lol:

Hi HAuCl4
I was there today and I wasn't able to get any new info I will continue again later on
I noticed you writing about the miller process and that is something fantastic
Thanks

(1987 psi, 10 gal/min).
The psi is something that can be found locally but the gpm is a problem
Usually the machines at the hardware are 1.4 gpm
I asked the hardware about higher gpm and the guy wasn't able to help much and he said that even if you have a more powerful machine you would need to use a very thick hose
but this is just his opinion and he said he didnt know about those things
So what happens now

golddie said:
(1987 psi, 10 gal/min).
The psi is something that can be found locally but the gpm is a problem
Usually the machines at the hardware are 1.4 gpm
I asked the hardware about higher gpm and the guy wasn't able to help much and he said that even if you have a more powerful machine you would need to use a very thick hose
but this is just his opinion and he said he didnt know about those things
So what happens now

I think you are going to find that the volume that is put out by the one you have is going to be sufficent once everything is in place and operating.

Back