Problem dropping gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Butcher,

You can make some of the science behind refining sound like grade school home work. Thanks for your easy to read and understand explanations. I have learned a lot just by reading your posts, even when they didn't pertain to my situation at the time, so many became helpful later on.

Yea, your explanations help a lot they remind me of school times XD. I'll check everything again in weekend and report everything.

It's me again ^^. From conector batch i got nie brownosh black gold powder. But from PCBS batch i got some crystals (like on attached photo) i did some research on our forum and i found that it is most probably urea nitrate and it dissolves in water. I read that gold powter is trapped under it. But maybe i'm wrong and you guys got some ideas ?

Attachments

• kopia.png
    kopia.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 221
Test the solution for values with ferrous sulfate crystal in spot plate for gold, or with stannous or with both.

I am assuming you used copper to replace values from the solution.

You can have several different salts and metals, some will be soluble in cold water.
Lead is much more soluble in hot water than it is in cold.
HCl will dissolve salts like copper I chloride.

Leaving you with your recovered values that will need refining.

And your waste solution's of toxic metals to deal with.

Whole Printed circuit boards the tin involved can lock up your gold in solution, one good way to lose your gold.

I'm using only clear circut boards from work ^^ so colled scrap XD this and i don't take that containing tin ^^. Well i noticed this crystals before using copper to precipitate gold and my guess after reading a bit on out forum is that it's one of ureas unwanted side efects most probably urea nitrate but copper salt is possible too. I will just rinse it multiple times with hot water if it will still be there i will use HCL (i run low on it unfortunately). And today i got my sulfamic acid after selling some computer parts so won't use urea anymore ^^ a little progress .

But thanks to your help i'm starting to wonder how can we break down colloidal gold+tin if something like that happens to us.

While with electrolysis or boiling in acid, it is possible to break the colloidal bond, evaporation, and incineration is the best method.

You cannot test for gold when the gold is in a colloidal state, you cannot precipitate it from solution...

The forum Search found 762 matches for the words colloidal gold:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=colloidal+gold

Try using other keywords in your search for more results on your quest to learn how to deal with colloidal gold.

Ok well rincing wbite crystals with Water a d HCl did nothing :( it only got more clear i decided to make a little bit of ar and let it sit while mixing it. This should get the little bit od Gold dust from three into solution. And i will precipitate it again but white crystals hadn't dissolved even in ar i don't understand what they are. The rest i got ready for smelting and the batch dropped down with Cooper is waiting to purify it, well it takes time cause i couldn't find another dish as big as bucket and i didn't wanted to drop it inot these crystals so i separated it into few pots.

update guys my little success ^^ its only from connectors batch maybe it's not the best and cleanest but at least its mine first ^^ i got few little beads after smelting i hoped to get one buton but well it is here

Attachments

• 44932839_344633262960330_2060952482325987328_n.jpg
    44932839_344633262960330_2060952482325987328_n.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 147
I don't think everyone makes a three nines button the first time, and it isn't really expected first time around. It will be easier the next time. Study up on various ways to filter your solutions as well. Good filtering can make a button much better over poor filtering.

Here is link to my first button and how it looked after I refined it a second time. Read my last comment and pay attention to how long it took me.

http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20981

Guys what is the best way to clear pcbs or pins from tin solder ? I heard HCl but oneguy on forum explained me that then gold that was eaten away by tin ends as colloid anyway. Eventually it can drop down as fne powder but it will be that small amount that we can't even see it. Any better ideas ? Or some wisdom? I will surely get a bit of scrap with tin and i'd like to proccess it corretly

Back