problem of extracting gold from cyanide solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally decided to start with electrolysis. Platinum anode/Titanium cathode. 20 Liters in total.
With 2.8 [V], i got only 0.2 [A] and nothing on cathode after 12h.
With 8.0 [V], i got 4.5 [A] and deposit on cathode as you can see on cathode.

Attachments

• VID-20240316-WA0003.mp4
    4.1 MB
  • 20240314_231728.jpg
    20240314_231728.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240316_141514.jpg
    20240316_141514.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 0
0.2 Amps isn't going to get you where you need to be. You need to be between 4-6V and have a current in excess of 6A to pull the remaining gold out. In some cases as high at 10 plus Amps.

At 8V it's over voltage Swiss. Work on limiting your voltage and increasing your current. You need a PSU that will limit voltage if you don't have one already.

Then you need to get your solution with enough electrolyte and heat to throw the current up enormously.

At 8V it's over voltage Swiss. Work on limiting your voltage and increasing your current. You need a PSU that will limit voltage if you don't have one already.

Then you need to get your solution with enough electrolyte and heat to throw the current up enormously.
Thanks for advice. I have voltage limiting PSU, however, as you know U=RxI, so to increase the amp i ned to increase the voltage or decrease the resistance.
I think the only way to decrease resistance at that point would be to add more KOH or NaOH or as you suggest to heat the solution.
I will try to add more NaOH and see what happen.

Thanks for advice. I have voltage limiting PSU, however, as you know U=RxI, so to increase the amp i ned to increase the voltage or decrease the resistance.
I think the only way to decrease resistance at that point would be to add more KOH or NaOH or as you suggest to heat the solution.
I will try to add more NaOH and see what happen.
Less distance between the electrodes will do the same.

Back