question about oxygen tank adapters????

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amizell said:
Im not sure but the cylinder says it holds 1.2 0z.

Do you mean cu ft? The Bernzomatic web page says 1.1 cu ft, which I think would be at standard pressure and temperature. I don't have the dimensions of the bottle to calculate the compression ratio, but I would guess the pressure isn't much more than 20 bar

Speaking of things that go BOOM :!: , it reminded me of this story:

http://www.esdjournal.com/static/Kansas/dauer%20truck.htm

Im sorry John, I didnt get that off the cylinder. I was quoting the small manual that came with the torch kit. The cylinder is back at the shop. I will look tomorrow and post.

The Brand name of the one I have is called
Mag-Torch
Oxy-MAPP Torch Kit
Model MT 585 OX

Heres a link to their very limited website. www.magtorch.com/

AL

semi-lucid said:
Speaking of things that go BOOM :!: , it reminded me of this story:

http://www.esdjournal.com/static/Kansas/dauer%20truck.htm

OH WOW !
I cant decide which they had more of... luck or stupidity. :lol:

qst42know said:
I doubt your hoses are rated for 3000psi. .

They do not need to be, I have the appropiate regulators.

I forgot to check the gauges on my torch sets but will in the morning when I go out to the van.

jim

amizell said:
I actually didnt modify anything about the torch. I only made a way to adapt it to a full size oxygen tank and I was curious if it would work before I invest my time and energy into doing it.

*Will a full size oxygen tank work ( If connected safely ) with my small Oxy_Mapp torch kit?

Sorry I'm a total noob to torches :?

I know you ask this a long long time ago. I'm sure you have figured it out. You can use a oxygen concentrator/generator or the little medical oxygen tanks on your torch. Very simple. If you would like to know more please let me know.

phillipcwhipple said:
I know you ask this a long long time ago. I'm sure you have figured it out. You can use a oxygen concentrator/generator or the little medical oxygen tanks on your torch. Very simple. If you would like to know more please let me know.

I'd be interested to hear how you did this. I have sent you a PM. Thanks!

mantraguy said:
phillipcwhipple said:

I'd be interested to hear how you did this. I have sent you a PM. Thanks!

mantraguy, welcome to the forum. You may be waiting a while for a reply from phillipwhipple. He hasn't been here for close to a year. Maybe someone else will come along and help.

Dave

Back