RECOVERY of 10.3grams from 338grams of E-waste!!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
modtheworld44 said:
goldsilverpro said:
In general, the smaller the lids, the higher the yield per pound or kilo. On the smaller lids, the braze will cover a larger percentage of the surface area.

Most companies buy those lids with the braze already on them. I remember running 1000# of brand new, unused lids, about 1/2" square, with braze on them, that ran 1 oz Au per pound, or 68g/kg. When the lids are removed from an assembled package, about half will be on the lid and half on the seal ring of the package. That makes the 30g/kg figure quite reasonable.

goldsilverpro

Thank you very much good sir. :mrgreen:

Yields will vary also depending on how you remove the lids.If you are a lid buyer this should be a deciding factor on what to offer or pay for them.Thanks in advance.

P.S I hope everyone has learned a little something new from this thread.
P.S.S Just remember you can learn a lot from a dummy like me.

modtheworld44

Certainly. I always removed them on a heated rail set a little over the melting point of the particular braze. With that, it's about a 50/50 split.

Update!!!!

I got to do my washes and the rest of the 15.4Pounds,will be done.So far looks like a 1/2ounce more.Have pictures after the melt.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Update!!!!

Here's the third and final button and here's what the final weight is.Yes.....I KNOW IT's NOT CLEAN!!!!
Enjoy and hope to see yall in the other thread.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Attachments

• DSC00470.JPG
    DSC00470.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 497
  • DSC00469.JPG
    DSC00469.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 497
anachronism said:
Cheers Jerry.

I'd certainly be interested in the yield as like you Ive run an awful lot of these however I've not got close to 30g per Kg yet. The best I have had is 18g per Kg 8)

Just to be sure here, we're talking about the flat kovar/steel lids right not the heat spreaders?

Jon

Jon how about 46gAu/kg kovar lids? :)

Funnily enough I've had similar since the post in 2017- but what I would say is that it's very particular and limited to only a very few specific types. 8)

I tend to mix everything together so it all evens out over the batch and ~I don't see the really really good ones on their own.

i386, i486, AMD 386, AMD 486, AMD K5, LSI NAC 9309, Motorola 68040, WinChip, Intel Pentium yielded almost the same amount of gold (0.0457g Au - 0.0469g Au per g of kovar lids) and these are actually all ceramic CPUs I've encountered so far... Beginner's luck, I think they call it :D

Back