REDNECK ORE SAMPLING (QUARTZ PEBBLES)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some microscopic images .... and oh, some wampum ! fun find. A few even have what appears to be an old thread or something that may have been used to string them together..

Attachments

• quartz crushed2.jpg
    quartz crushed2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • quartz crushed.jpg
    quartz crushed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • quartz split2.jpg
    quartz split2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • wampum.jpg
    wampum.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Quite the color change after filtering and adding a bit of rinse water through filter.
Filtered and added 1/6-1/4 tsp of Sulfamic (grout cleaner crystals) today. Stirred actively until most dissolved, few bubbles, not much.

Will test with Stan in the 'morrow and then SMB and allow to sit until Friday or so.

Attachments

• quartz AR.jpg
    quartz AR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Results, another BUST. Not much love in the quartz, that is unless i am doing something wrong. Stanus test was benign, as with all the other samples to date, only the faintest of darkening. So little that I am not going to bother posting image as it is nearly impossible to tell. One thing that is bothering me and making me think I am doing something incorrectly (maybe not heating solution when introducing sulfamic) is that as I process the waste with copper, all solutions to date are cementing and some are cementing a notable amount. Attached is a picture of the quartz waste solution with copper cent in them. I just added a new cent to the solution and it is already cementing more. Ideas as to what this may be ?

Also a good bit of white precipitate. I am assuming this may simply be fine crushed ore that made it through two coffee filters and two scott paper towels... I am seeing this to various degrees in most sample solutions. maybe should denox prior to filtering ?

Attachments

• quartz.jpg
    quartz.jpg
    880.8 KB · Views: 0
Back