REDNECK ORE SAMPLING (WHITE ROCK)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bath time.. She bucked a tad, but not bad.. bit of fizz.. Made black solution, which I didn't expect from mostly white rock... Guess it held a lot of vitamins and minerals and such. ;)

Attachments

• white rock bath.jpg
    white rock bath.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
At this point, I don't think anyone here cares. All you're doing is dissolving a bunch of rocks in acid and creating a lot of toxic waste. You need to find a different hobby. You would probably do better by selling your rocks at a gem and mineral show. Please just stop wasting your time and ours.

Dave

This is was the Ore I work with

Attachments

• 5E8E9E24-4FFB-499E-91DF-43E9A291C293.jpeg
    5E8E9E24-4FFB-499E-91DF-43E9A291C293.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 90CC5E15-77EA-4723-BB7A-18550D8785CF.jpeg
    90CC5E15-77EA-4723-BB7A-18550D8785CF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I pulverize the Ore
I put it in a beaker ,i add 200 ml of HCL and put in hot plate for 1 hour.

after get cold,I decant that solution into a waste bucket.

Add aqua regia,100 ml of HCL to the beaker
and I add 10 ml of Nitric acid.

Heat it ,Not boil it in the hot plate for 30 minute
wait until get cold and cotton filter

Attachments

• 91928090-CBC3-46AC-87DA-5C9A34EF1A62.jpeg
    91928090-CBC3-46AC-87DA-5C9A34EF1A62.jpeg
    910 KB · Views: 0
Then I test it with Stannous Chloride
and Bingo look

Attachments

• DCA4A1B3-843E-45D7-BFE3-570BB80299D6.jpeg
    DCA4A1B3-843E-45D7-BFE3-570BB80299D6.jpeg
    627.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 0C81EBA0-CC20-44B3-81AD-CDFEC2478063.jpeg
    0C81EBA0-CC20-44B3-81AD-CDFEC2478063.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 0
I add Urea to Denox
Then I add SMB
next day i got precipitation of gold
i wash it with Hot water for 6 times
Them I wash it HCL acid for getting rid if any base metals
and this is the final result

Attachments

• A6EABA55-3B54-4F87-9EE5-B14C1B9A3C81.jpeg
    A6EABA55-3B54-4F87-9EE5-B14C1B9A3C81.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 0
  • B4AC0114-F634-4A52-8A08-90B57E2DBEF1.jpeg
    B4AC0114-F634-4A52-8A08-90B57E2DBEF1.jpeg
    799.9 KB · Views: 0
Your rock/ore, looks like a Silica based host rock, not Limestone. Limestone is a Carbonate rock, and neutralizes acids. Your host rock does not neutralize HCL and Nitric acids as readily as Limestone. That is the difference between yours, and other poster's host rock. In addition, your samples look to actually contain some kind of metallic components, whereas the other poster's does not. He is just farting around, neutralizing quantities of acids, with no apparent metallic component. That is the difference between you and other poster. Also, if you guys are working with chemistry, you should know what you are doing. This includes knowing the chemistry of the minerals in the rocks you are dealing with. You should learn to identify the minerals in the rocks you are performing this acid leach on, so you don't have a reaction with something which could be quite different.
Perhaps one of the moderators can give an example of reactions of some of the other minerals present in ores, and the consequences of that reaction.

Your rock/ore, looks like a Silica based host rock, not Limestone. Limestone is a Carbonate rock, and neutralizes acids. Your host rock does not neutralize HCL and Nitric acids as readily as Limestone. That is the difference between yours, and other poster's host rock. In addition, your samples look to actually contain some kind of metallic components, whereas the other poster's does not. He is just farting around, neutralizing quantities of acids, with no apparent metallic component. That is the difference between you and other poster. Also, if you guys are working with chemistry, you should know what you are doing. This includes knowing the chemistry of the minerals in the rocks you are dealing with. You should learn to identify the minerals in the rocks you are performing this acid leach on, so you don't have a reaction with something which could be quite different.
Perhaps one of the moderators can give an example of reactions of some of the other minerals present in ores, and the consequences of that reaction.
I don't think many of the ore types I'm testing are limestone based. I say this for a couple reasons.. 1 - I just tested limestone.. off a cliff of nearly pure limestone and also a sample from No Gold Creek. There is a thread for this rock type and you can see the results... THEY WERE LOUD !! (haha). 2 - Unlike the limestone sample, the other three rock types I'm currently working on presented very subdue and benign reactions to the HCL bath.

The limestone examples took 3 rounds of HCL (each round about 1/2 inch in a mason jar). Each round they over-flowed the mason jar (like a baking soda and vinegar volcano in 6th grade science project). After the final round, there was almost no rock left... I would say 90-95% dissolved... into a black solution.

No other rock type I have tested presented results like that. Needless to say, I am done with limestone..... ... and about done with these experiments ; ) Then on to smelting all the precipitates from from the experiments after 1 last refinement.

I bet ol' Gold-shark is delighted to hear that ; ) DEeeee'LIGHTED !! Ain't ya ?

COME ON SNARK..... SING IT WITH ME NOW !!

I add Urea to Denox
Then I add SMB
next day i got precipitation of gold
i wash it with Hot water for 6 times
Them I wash it HCL acid for getting rid if any base metals
and this is the final result
Similar in appearance to some of the precipitate I have collected over my sampling various rock types. I'll post in another thread once I get there.

I don't think many of the ore types I'm testing are limestone based. I say this for a couple reasons.. 1 - I just tested limestone.. off a cliff of nearly pure limestone and also a sample from No Gold Creek. There is a thread for this rock type and you can see the results... THEY WERE LOUD !! (haha). 2 - Unlike the limestone sample, the other three rock types I'm currently working on presented very subdue and benign reactions to the HCL bath.

The limestone examples took 3 rounds of HCL (each round about 1/2 inch in a mason jar). Each round they over-flowed the mason jar (like a baking soda and vinegar volcano in 6th grade science project). After the final round, there was almost no rock left... I would say 90-95% dissolved... into a black solution.

No other rock type I have tested presented results like that. Needless to say, I am done with limestone..... ... and about done with these experiments ; ) Then on to smelting all the precipitates from from the experiments after 1 last refinement.

I bet ol' Gold-shark is delighted to hear that ; ) DEeeee'LIGHTED !! Ain't ya ?

COME ON SNARK..... SING IT WITH ME NOW !!

Congratulations, maybe you did learn something here.

Latest posts

Back