Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and
    The Introduction is included in this version.

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book
Thanks, Dave, great job. :mrgreen:
Please help me to download a copy of CM Hoke

Please help me to download a copy of CM Hoke
If you go back to the first page of this thread, and look at the first post again, at the bottom of that first post you should see an "Attachment". Click on that "Attachment", and it should allow you to download a copy. Just above the Attachment, you'll also see a link to the printer friendly version of the book, if you would like to print it out. The attachment in that link works the same way.

Let me know if you have a problem and we'll find a way to get you a copy.

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost ten years since I posted that. 8,634 downloads and counting. :)

Dave

I have found it very difficult to get straight forward and accurate information from most anybody in the gold field.
Thanks to a straight forward approach with complete information.

Thanks Dave

I have found it very difficult to get straight forward and accurate information from most anybody in the gold field.
Thanks to a straight forward approach with complete information.

Thanks Dave
Not all questions can be answered in a straightforward forward way.
Especially in the refining sektor.

About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book
Thank you so much!

Dave

Thankyou

Dave

Thank you very much..

Dave

I just want to thank you for your unselfish sharing of this text as well as the improvements you have made.

Back