Show your work area

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smack said:
Some progress on the lab, just finishing up on electrical and exhaust. That epoxy resin the counter tops are made out of cuts harder than concrete.

One thing that I don't see is the actual exhaust. Is that something you are willing to share? Does it use an eductor, or just a large fan?

How large of a diameter opening through to the roof?

A pic of my blower here: http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19496&p=197661&hilit=exhaust+blower#p197661
It's a Lincoln Welding exhaust blower and I had the impeller powder coated and it's 8" dia. and moves a little under 900cfm. and yes the hole through the roof is 8". It was cool because Lincoln also sells the 8" duct flange for it. I got it in with scrap so that's why I used it...that and it's performance made the decision easier. They are pretty expensive new, I see them used at repocast auctions now and then.

Thanks!

Wouldn't mind finding one of those welding fume cleaners just for the welding shop, but lately, auctions are going sky high....or I don't have the coin to spend. I'm yet to see one sell for a reasonable price when I've got the extra $$$.

The fumes really made me hesitant to enjoy fab work, even though I'm good at it.

Mind me asking how much the table top / drip pan cost? I have a lab table already, but it doesn't have the drip groove pan. I can cut it the table to size, but cutting a groove is completely out of the question. I imagine that stuff would eat carbide endmills alive.

I haven't decided if I want to use the "bedroom" in the apartment attached to the garage for refining (it's my office now)...or if I want to build a completely separate lab, likely of a mini-house design, on a chassis that could be made rolling really easy. An RV if you will (refining vehicle).

snoman701 said:
Ooops...looks like it's right in the other thread! Just over $600 for the table top with marine edge.

Yes, and got it right here in Mi. Also, it's epoxy resin and cuts like concrete so you'd need diamond cutting tools.

Back