Somethings not right.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-dog

Hi all, hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!
I just tried to start a new thread and things went sideways. Figured this might be the place to find a little help.
Here's what happened - I selected the new to refining forum, typed in the heading and filled in the posting.
Then I clicked the link to attach files and selected post pictures. Then took a picture and accepted it by clicking the ok button. But then I was returned to a blank posting page. Everything was gone!
This was done on my android phone.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
And my apologies if this is the wrong forum. I couldn't find a help tab. And the explanation posting pertaining to this in rules etc. Is basically what I did.
Thanks much.

Well, you tried something I've never attempted.

When I attach an image, it has always been already saved on my laptop. I create the title, write the post, then click the attach link and navigate to the image on my laptop and select it. I've never tried to take a picture on a phone and attach it to a post the way you did. I'm afraid I'm a dinosaur when it comes to phones (I've spent part of the day today trying to connect my phone to a new health watch I received for Christmas - haven't succeeded yet).

Perhaps, try taking the picture and saving it to your phone. Then try starting the new thread and attaching the saved image?

Dave

Well, you tried something I've never attempted.

When I attach an image, it has always been already saved on my laptop. I create the title, write the post, then click the attach link and navigate to the image on my laptop and select it. I've never tried to take a picture on a phone and attach it to a post the way you did. I'm afraid I'm a dinosaur when it comes to phones (I've spent part of the day today trying to connect my phone to a new health watch I received for Christmas - haven't succeeded yet).

Perhaps, try taking the picture and saving it to your phone. Then try starting the new thread and attaching the saved image?

Dave
Thanks much for the reply Dave. I'm a dinosaur too. But use my phone for everything, as it's my only internet connection.
And rarely use my lap top. Only way I know to get a phone picture onto my laptop. Is to email it to myself. Occasionally I post things on Craigslist and use the same procedure I tried to use here. In my previous postings of comments on here, i have had issues of it posting before I'm done typing. So I had to edit, in order to complete my posting. Also my phone sometimes will do auto correct after I click on a post link, and change some of the words. It can get very frustrating.
I will try making a new posting and then try adding the picture.

Thanks again.

Back