Starting a mini gold refinery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do explain how you have one rule for everyone else and another for me.

Jon, this is kind of throwing a stone while sitting in a glashouse. You, my friend, were banned. You came back with a new name and a lot of us knew. But not being a mod or an admin and not knowing what exactly had caused the ban I did not think it to be my business. Well, after all you have been forgiven by the mods as it seems. Ken is still banned. I do not know, what has been the exact reason for banning him, but nobody gets banned quickly. So, I can only guess both of you disrespected the authority of the mods and/or the rules one time too much. Though I still believe in that the rules and the mods are two sides of the same coint.

When Frugal wants to help somebody even if the poster seems to be a fake, - are you really wondering? Frugal always helped everyone, not one harsh word openly, but trying to solve problems behind the curtain. I know it, You know it. So, stay fair.

I like all of you guys. Many of you are some raw diamonds and it took some time learning to understand your dry and harsh sense of humor, but we all have learned together and we have laughed together and sometimes we got into a fight :D remember?

I will end with citing Harold: "...put your egos in neutral..." ...something I myself more than often needed to do ;)

One word to the mods, you are the backbone of this whole network. If you guys were not completely loyal to each other and if not you talked with one voice, this whole thing will fall apart. The leader is always the least free person in an organization.

Thank you all, beside my job as a teacher and the hazmat team in the firebrigade, this forum and what I learned here has been one of my big adventures in my life.

Hey Bjorn. 8)

Yeah a good case in point is that it took 18 months for us to "get" one another!

Kiss my ass.

This statement can be taken in several different ways, if we are working together, and you could see me, and we know each other. me saying this could just make you smile.

Here on the forum you cannot see me, you really do not know me. So you cannot see my expressions or have any clue where I may be coming from or going to with the statement.

Here we have to be more careful of what we say, without the other parts of human communication, written or spoken words can have several meanings or intentions, which makes it very easy to make a wrong judgement or lead to misunderstandings.

Besides the main problem most all of us have (Our ego's), I believe most of the problems and banning's or even leaving of many of our better members from the forum has been due to simple misunderstandings when someone said kiss my ass., and it was taken in the wrong way.

As far as being nice.
I call it respect, I respect those I feel deserve respect, I try to understand others comments and not judge them,if they come here to learn I will try and help if I can, if they come here for trouble we do not need them here and I have no obligation to "Be Nice". But I do not have to be rude or I do not have to be a jack-ass either.

We are all moderators trying to protect and nurture our beloved forum and to keep it going and thriving.
Most of the real moderators on the forum do not have a title or the ban button, but without them we would not have this forum today, although they do not have the title of moderator, their "Being Nice" and helping is what has kept this forum on its feet and thriving.

anachronism, you too have been a moderator for the forum, I see it in many of your comments, Heck I have even seen you smile and Be Nice, even when it may have been against your nature, You have been an asset to the forum, yes their has been misunderstandings, and as human we always have that EGO problem we all need to deal with within ourselves, and which will easily get into conflict with others, but for the most part we have come here to learn and share what we learn, not all of us are refined in our own character or we can may be easily misunderstood, or our intentions judged wrongly, but for the most part we all do what we can to improve our beloved forum.

The moderators have a title and a job, but the real moderation and improvement and information is provided by all of our good members, and even by some of our bad members.

Kiss my ass and quit quibbling lets get back to discussing something important, like getting gold, and refining it, at the same time lets all try and refine our forum, Seems like we all have some work to do and a long road ahead of us to make the forum shine like gold, this is still the best forum for refining.

Past problems and misunderstandings if kept alive will kill all that we all have worked so hard to maintain.

Back