Starting to sell on e-bay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm trying to trade my clutter for yours
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear you! I can't walk in my downstairs "wreck" room! :mrgreen:
My wife doesn't stop telling me that I gotta get rid of ALL the junk; but when I sell the gold recovered, she's the first to ask me to share with her... :shock: My reply to her: NOT!!! :mrgreen:

Over 6 pounds of Silver/Tin Scrap RAM MEMORY CARDS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141186462219?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks!

philddreamer said:
Over 6 pounds of Silver/Tin Scrap RAM MEMORY CARDS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141186462219?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks!
Hey, Phil!

Are those fingers yellow or white? If they're yellow, it's not showing up in the photos.

give me a call.

RAM with white fingers are tin/solder plated, not silver. The precious metal in these modules are the bonding wires in the IC:s and palladium / silver in MLCC:s.

Göran

Thanks, Göran! I understood that some had silver fingers. I stand corrected! 8)
I'll update the description today!

Chris, I took the pic's before daylight. I'll try to take better pic's today again. I've been pretty busy and I try to make the best of each minute! :mrgreen:
I called you last night, but got the answering machine. I'll try again today.
Thanks, Brother!

Phil

I am going to have to agree with Phil. I had some old IBM memory that was tarnish like silver and tested positive with a silver test. I was not tin. I was just plated silver.

I may have sold it a while back but I will check. It was the only one I have ever found that looked and tested that way.

Eric

philddreamer said:
For those that might be interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141198544699?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Thanks!

Phil

Well, there you go. I'll get you started this time although I doubt I'll win it. Never have yet.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of I.C.'s and quite a few surface mount capacitors (MLCC's) some look pretty large.

If you were to scrape a bit of solder mask off those boards, are the traces gold plated too?

Well, there you go. I'll get you started this time although I doubt I'll win it. Never have yet.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of I.C.'s and quite a few surface mount capacitors (MLCC's) some look pretty large.

If you were to scrape a bit of solder mask off those boards, are the traces gold plated too?
Thank you, Brother! 8)
Yes, the IC's are 18, double stacked; the MLCC's 8 at 3/16" or so, and 24 - 1/8th" on each card . There's no plating under the mask, just some exposed spots here and there.

For any who likes to collect rare old boards:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141199039199?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Thanks!

For those who might be interested, I'll be starting an auction @ 1:30 pm (Pacific), for one pound - 12.8 oz of N/S bridges in e-bay in half an hour.
The ones shown in the pic's.

Thank you!

Phil

Attachments

• E-BAY PICs N-S Brdg 001.JPG
    E-BAY PICs N-S Brdg 001.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 147
  • E-BAY PICs N-S Brdg 004.JPG
    E-BAY PICs N-S Brdg 004.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 147
I listed these yesterday:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141204527382?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

and was wondering if I priced it a bit too high. Well, I did a test, by taking 8 oz of material, processed it; and the yield is 2.6g of gold! A good 5 grams per pound. I still have 1 pound 5 oz... and there hasn't been much interest on the list, so I'll be removing it and will process my self! :mrgreen:
Sometimes is wise to run a test of the material!

Attachments

• E-BAY PICs 005.JPG
    E-BAY PICs 005.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 114
  • E-BAY PICs 002.JPG
    E-BAY PICs 002.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 113
philddreamer said:
I listed these yesterday:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141204527382?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

and was wondering if I priced it a bit too high. Well, I did a test, by taking 8 oz of material, processed it; and the yield is 2.6g of gold! A good 5 grams per pound. I still have 1 pound 5 oz... and there hasn't been much interest on the list, so I'll be removing it and will process my self! :mrgreen:
Sometimes is wise to run a test of the material!
It was not that the price was to high that I did not bid, It was the quantity was too small. :shock:
At $9.99 for " 1 " ounce, that equates to $159.84 per pound for an unknown gold plated electronic item.
How many gold plated items do you know of that consistently return that much :?:
Those items are few and far between and are considered a bonus when found :p
My limit on purchases is at $100 per pound of "known" high yield material.

It was not that the price was to high that I did not bid, It was the quantity was too small.
When I did a search before listing, of how much other sellers ask for the material and how much material, I was also :shock: of how little this person was selling ,and how much people were willing to pay for it! Check this seller, for example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-grams-of-Scrap-Gold-Coated-CPU-Pins-fingers-for-Scrap-Recovery-1-/251461991658?pt=CPUs&hash=item3a8c4d7cea
he sold a 12g lot the other day for $16.00, and he's still selling more lots and asking almost $10.00 for it! I'm selling more than double the material.

At $9.99 for " 1 " ounce, that equates to $159.84 per pound for an unknown gold plated electronic item.
Unknown to others, but not to me. That's why it states in the listing: "PLEASE, DON'T BID IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!!!"
I know exactly how much gold the connectors yield; Idid a test, and the yield is 5grams per pound. At fridays spot that's $213.58 per pound.

How many gold plated items do you know of that consistently return that much
I know quite a few! The "color" gives them away! One example, the pins in the picture! The yield,1 T oz. of gold per pound, and there was a total of around 4 pounds of pins in two batches!!!

Those items are few and far between and are considered a bonus when found
That's so true, Tom! That's why I still have hundreds of pounds of high yield boards laying around! 8) Like this one that yields 4 grams per pound.

My limit on purchases is at $100 per pound of "known" high yield material.
That's why I won't sell any more lots of these connectors, and maybe won't sell anymore on e-bay. But then again, there's a bidder... :mrgreen:
Seriously, the 12% in fees, plus the free shipping fees doesn't make it worth the while. I was just trying to get rid of some of the material that I have around... but, I won't do that a loss!

Thanks for your input! 8)

Phil

Attachments

• e-scrap 003.JPG
    e-scrap 003.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 84
  • first pics 016.JPG
    first pics 016.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 84
Nice doing business with you phil, funny thing I didn't know that it was you...haha.

Same here, Chris! :lol: I kind put 2 + 2 together; the name on the address, and your signature here on the forum, and I said: AHA! :lol:

Thanks!

Back