Tantalum Capacitor Scrap Purchasing -- International

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This site is a wonderful. Great post this about tantalio capacitors. Here, in this forum I'm learning that the gold recovery isn't the only thing to recycle but there are different ways to fun ( because I like Disassembled things) and of course make money. Thanks to all for yours answers about tantalio capacitors.

Friends, can you control these please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704 KB · Views: 166
Top line: last seems to be tantalum, the two yellow ones before the last are tantalum.
Bottom line: last two aren't tantalum but may have a gold wire inside.

MarcoP said:
Top line: last seems to be tantalum, the two yellow ones before the last are tantalum.
Bottom line: last two aren't tantalum but may have a gold wire inside.
Thanks Marco, the last two I'm many seeing. What's the name?

I found the name here http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/ScraperPartList.doc#_Toc185965428: oscillators
But here it doesn't speaks about gold inside

Right Marco! Hahahahaha I started with Single container and now I find myself having many containers assigned To the various materials recovered

Magagna said:
Right Marco! Hahahahaha I started with Single container and now I find myself having many containers assigned To the various materials recovered

:?: you will find that needing a million of a item is not worth saving, imagine cracking open a million of one part for a 1/2 a gram of silver or gold.

try exploring each item you find & make a choice as to it's value one pound at a time, making a spreadsheet with the product numbers and a "yes or no" next to it so you will always know what you want to keep & what you don't.

as your list grows you can put results. (gold plated sata hard drive connectors = 0.2g of gold per pound) <-- not hard data, just an example

you will come across 100's & 1000's of different things. you can't keep them all stored in jars in the garage :roll:

find, choose & keep to recover or sell the best items, i understand that it's better to make 5 cents then nothing at all..... but at what price ??

if your getting $1.65 a pound for a motherboard, and taking 1/10 of a pound off that is worth $0.03 it is not worth your while.

No, that's condensers.

In this same thread, and others about tantalum in this same forum's category, you have plenty of pictures to use as reference.

MarcoP said:
No, that's condensers.
S
In this same thread, and others about tantalum in this same forum's category, you have plenty of pictures to use as reference.
Yes I saw them. Thanks for the photos necromancer

MarcoP said:
No, that's condensers.
S
Yes I saw them. Thanks for the photos necromancer
Excuse me for the double post

Excuse me, but in the bottom line the three that are located in the last but two place are very similar at the photo I posted last. If' so they aren't tantalio......

Magagna said:
Excuse me, but in the bottom line the three that are located in the last but two place are very similar at the photo I posted last. If' so they aren't tantalio......

please post the numbers off the items you are talking about. sorry but i have a hard time understanding your post.
or a close up photo

I was referring to these three. There aren't tantalio right? Because are very similar to the other which are not tantalio.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 93
Back