The prices are advancing...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your crypto investment :| . I had a friend ask me what I thought about investing in the crypto market a few years ago when it was near its peak. Told him that if it was me I wouldn't invest in it. Glad that I said that because a few weeks after that the crypto market crashed.

My eye is on the gold to silver ratio.
with the gold to silver ratio for a 200-year average normally running around 37 to 1, and today we see over 100:1 ratios...

With gold at $1,527.00 an ounce and silver at $12.56 giving us a ratio of 120 ounces of silver to one ounce of gold.
It is looking attractive to trade gold for silver, better yet trade paper for a little gold and a lot of silver...

Toilet paper the new currency? The dollar may be worth something in hard times...

On a slightly different subject, anybody knowledgable if the latest flue germs (virus) are killed faster on copper or silver doorknobs, silver spoons, how effective using colloidal silver as a disinfectant or using silver masks...

Any effective virus mask would need to filter 99.98% of particles as small as 20 nanometers, (which is what some virus are). As far as I know they don't make one. When you get to that level it's easier and cheaper to just wear a self contained air supply.

There are some full face models with a motorized HEPA filter worn on the back but those cartridge's have to be changed every 8 hours. And then there is the battery to keep charged, etc. But even those are only rated to 0.03 microns, still way bigger than what you would need for virus.

I saw something on some news site a day or 2 ago that said it took 3 hours to kill the covid19 virus when placed on a copper sheet. I suspect that silver would be similar and at those times would make it useless in a mask.

Although if you could make a copper or silver infused mask you could make a killing selling them on eBay.

jarlowski1 said:
Sorry to hear about your crypto investment :| . I had a friend ask me what I thought about investing in the crypto market a few years ago when it was near its peak. Told him that if it was me I wouldn't invest in it. Glad that I said that because a few weeks after that the crypto market crashed.

yeah sucks, although I didn't spend actual money on them, mined them on scrap PC's. Just about to sell, was waiting on them to go over $100 each, they went to $97, 2 weeks later they are $32 and still falling.

Oh well, just like stocks won't lose any real money unless I sell. I'll just hold them until happy days are here again. lol

Scrap exchange rates as of Friday.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-31 152058 1.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-31 152058 1.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-07-31 152145 2.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-31 152145 2.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-07-31 152249 3.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-31 152249 3.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-07-31 152332 4.png