The Stock Pot

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g_axelsson said:
A good video! I really like your system with bubbler for agitating the liquid, but then I guess you have to turn off the air before removing liquid. How long do you let it settle before siphoning off the barren liquid?

Göran

Goran, I usually turn off the bubbler and let both settle overnight, then decant.

I'll check out those squirt bottles from the dollar store. I've worn out a few of those squeeze triggers.

Tonight I'm going to experiment with all the copper powder that I removed from waste bucket. I must have 20 pounds of copper powder. I'm going to give it a try to see if it can be used again to cement silver.

I want to wash it with some water, rinse with DH2O, then add some freshly digested and filtered silver nitrate to see what happens.

It would be great if I could use the copper to cement silver, then reclaim the copper in the iron bucket, using the copper from the iron bucket in my stock pot and to cement new silver from fresh silver nitrate.

I've refined at least 5 Troy ounces of gold per month, all the wastes go into the stock pot.

Plus I've been running jewelers polish sweeps and filings. Those usually have Pt and that goes into the stock pot.

I've been adding copper tubing cut open to cement silver, when it's done I take the left over copper and throw it in my stock pot. It always gets completely consumed.

Good stuff.

kadriver

Palladium said:
I love your ingenuity! Necessity is the mother of invention. Something i have been noticing in your video i wanted to point out. The spray or the squeeze bottle for washing things like from one bucket to another where it takes a LOT of squeezing. By the time you go through a whole process from a to b it tends to take its toll on your hands. When i was running a lot of materials by hand that calculated into a lot of squeezes if you think about it. This is what i eventually found to work best for me after trying several types of spay bottle designs and sizes. I can't find a picture of it on the net or listed on their website, but they have them at dollar general for $4. Just look for them. Their not to big or to small and you can adjust the fan for light mist when all you need to do is wash the watch glass back into the beaker without splattering it everywhere or a steady stream for moving a lot of materials. Its great for washing those stubborn fine powders out of hard to rinse plastic buckets. Pry the little locking mechanism off the top of the handle like you would a child proof lighter and your good to go. The trigger is pressure sensitive so the more you squeeze the more comes out which is great for me. I swear this is the only picture i could find of it so you will have to overlook the video it's presented in. :mrgreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWh4SHUtAVs

I have a couple of those that are the next size up. I think I got them at home depot but not 100% sure. Possibly in the garden section.

Back