Truck loads of boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanes

Hi is there any good refinery ? We sent some chip boards to a company and they sent us a check . It was for 17 lbs. At 1.50 a pound no gold price . Please any info would be nice ty. Ill try to post some pic but we have over 5 truck loads of these boards .

Attachments

• Gold boards 014.jpg
    Gold boards 014.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 774
http://electronicscrap.com/circuit_boards.asp

here ya go,if you have a truck load of approx 48,000 lbs that'll cost ya $24,000+ $350.00 to get all your gold,silver and plats

At that price you'd need to be pulling a tenth of an ounce of gold per 200 pounds of scrap (or an ounce per ton) just to break even. Someone here could probably give a guess as to whether that's a reasonable yield but it seems high to me. I'd want to be very sure of what's on those boards first.

Be careful where you take them. In my experience, the best you can do is get screwed. Try not to get f****d. Those look like very nice boards. You should recieve no less than $3/pound, probably a good deal more if you find the right refiner.

OK so I'm a bit low on the price. How much do you want for them per lb and where do I send all my money to?

:)

I am impressed, and would love to process them!
Looks like fun to me!

How big is the truck? An 18 wheeler or a little pickup? The following discussion assumes a large quantity. What is the total net weight? If it's hard to get a actual weight, weigh some of them, do some counting, and give me an estimate.

Can you date the boards? Looks like 1984 on one of the photos.

Those 28 (looks like) lead multilayer packages with the gold lids (are they gold - hard to tell, exactly, in the photo) may be worth $200/pound in gold, or more. In the 2nd photo, I see 42 of them (maybe, 1/2 a pound?). That is a primo board. Everything on that board might contain PMs. What percentage of the boards are like that one.

It won't be cheap, but I would definitely spend some money to get assays of certain individual components before selling the boards, especially if there are a lot of good boards like the one in the 2nd photo. Once you have assays - count, weigh, and calculate. Maybe, you have the mother lode sitting there. And, maybe, you don't.

Whether you sell the boards or have them refined, you will always be money ahead if you know the values going in. If you have several tons, you may be better off by hiring a professional rep (like Ledoux) to watch your material being processed and keep the refiner honest.

Sorting as to type and selling on Ebay may very well be your best bet.

I'm excited for you. Take your time, think it out, and get your ducks all in a row. I'm here to help you get a maximum return. Talk to me. Give me details. Evaluation and maximizing profits on PM scrap are what I have done for 40 years.

Hey folks I think what im going to do is get a lot of 100 lbs. Of boards and post the pic for it you all can give me a offer for it in the forum or e-mail ( [email protected] ) It may take me a few days to get it together . Then who ever get it can let me know what we are dealing with . You all are great thanks

Hi Lanes

You mention 5 truck loads, and you also mention only 100 lbs.. which is it ?

If its 5 truck loads,( transport truck ) , Let me know, and I'll put you in contact with our big brother company.

thanks

Back