unknown parts

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see some relays and some old type glowing displays, I do not even know how they are called.
Check the wires. Could be tungsten or maybe PMs.
The displays may sell much higher if they still work than the PMs they probably contain.

Just checked it:

Nixie-Tube.png

These displays were used particularly in the 1960s and 1970s instead of today's modern digital displays and feature a glowing wire, are known as Nixie tubes. Nixie tubes are electronic devices for displaying digits or other information by ionizing gas in a sealed glass capsule, where a glowing wire (cathode) forms the desired digit or symbol. This technology offers a distinctive warm, glowing display that is appreciated in many vintage and retro electronics applications.

These tube are a GOLD mine! Don't break them!

Etsy Listing +80$ a piece!

Last edited:
this old switch I think it is, is it rhodium and mercury inside?

Attachments

• 17124416190458430073284156638446.jpg
    17124416190458430073284156638446.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Did these come in the same batch that has been discussed before?
they along with every other kind of strange part I know zero about unfortunately and this site is the only place I know that I can talk to people that knows about it, this is all so fascinating to me.

they along with every other kind of strange part I know zero about unfortunately and this site is the only place I know that I can talk to people that knows about it, this is all so fascinating to me.
So why do you post new threads about it, even when we have asked you to not do it????
Post it in the original thread.

So why do you post new threads about it, even when we have asked you to not do it????
Post it in the original thread.
sorry I didn't understand I apologize. I wasn't being rude or unwilling to follow rules, and please never take any of my remarks as being disrespectful, I know you guys are the experts im just trying to learn all I can from you ladies and gentlemen, I was born and raised in Texas and I have a huge amount of material to process and my partner who is my cousin who knows zero about chemistry is on my butt to show him some results and I don't like the pressure and he doesn't understand the complexity of it, youtube can be misleading lol but im really respectfully trying my best I hope not to annoy you with my lack of experience or my questions. thanks Moses

Switches containing mercury were used in the past to detect the tilting of an object, such as in pinball machines(???). However, due to the low quality of the image, it's challenging to provide a sustainable assessment of what this specific object is. While I'm not deeply familiar with them, I would be surprised and enlightened to learn if they contain Rhodium.

Switches containing mercury were used in the past to detect the tilting of an object, such as in pinball machines(???). However, due to the low quality of the image, it's challenging to provide a sustainable assessment of what this specific object is. While I'm not deeply familiar with them, I would be surprised and enlightened to learn if they contain Rhodium.
Not likely with Rhodium as far as I understand it.

Rhodium is a useless metal.
It's almost impossible to sell...

only in the catalyst does it have a price

this old switch I think it is, is it rhodium and mercury inside?
I see a beautiful gold-plated round chip there, 8 leg .
There is also gold under the metallic cap.
the small glass tube in the background is a reed switch.
There is a wirewound resistor in the upper right corner, there is probably palladium there.

Back