Would you like to chat with C.M. Hoke about how to refine Precious Metals?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcel

Supporting Member
Now you can!
Talk about Refining of Precious metals with a synthetical C.M. Hoke!

Based on her work I have created an Expert system using AI to give you a responsive way of exploring her book.
We all know how long it can take to read and understand(!) a 480 page book dated from 1940.
I have used my revised and modernized version of this book and generated an expert system, that you can simply ask subjects covered in the book. Instead of searching the right chapter that coveres parting SIlver from Palladium, you just ask the AI in a chat how to do that and where to find relevant information inside the book.
It will then return a compact, easy to understand summary and point you to the chapter or declare that the information is not to be found in the book.
46668-d4e06791f0a9433b30ef017780c61c5c.data

You then can insist to search again or ask to go into more details, so you can understand the procedure and the required materials better.

46671-189fa1a08889e52df95d5dccf40d2b76.data

IMPORTANT NOTE: This project is based on a popular AI platform called OpenAI/ChatGPT. It is a seperate app that you can access by simply clicking the link below and logging in.
It may require to subscribe to Premium which is 20$ / month which can be canceled any time. ChatGPT in general can be used free od costs without giving any details, just register with you email or Google account. Easy 1 Click operation. Maybe paid subscription is not even needed to use this app. I am not 100% sure (I am subscribed). This is brandnew tech! Only a few hours released. Will update that info.
The Refining Precious Metals app itself is free! I am not getting a commission or other benefits from publishing! If it is helpful and you want to support me, check out one of my books & e-books on Amazon. Thank you!

Secondly, AI is NOT perfect! Always doublecheck the results. This is a ALPHA version so the first one that is beeing released. I may have to revise and update the app. So it is very important for me to get your FEEDBACK! Please share it right here on GRF because there is yet no comment function at the GPT website. If you experience wrong answers or weird behaviour, please let me know with the exact details (Screenshot), questions you asked plus answers by the app. Thank you! This feedback is very important to ensure correct operation and improve the user value of this system!

Third: It will work in any language! You can communicate in your desired language with C.M. Hoke! English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chineese whatever! Starting language is always English, just instruct the chatbot to reply in your preferred language and it will do!
46672-1deb97955d180ea51d001b32c996ebcb.data

This is the link to the Expert system:

https://chat.openai.com/g/g-64WFnP1K3-refining-precious-metals-c-m-hoke

Attachments

• Hoke-AI-1.png
    Hoke-AI-1.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Hoke-AI-2.png
    Hoke-AI-2.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Hoke-AI-3.png
    Hoke-AI-3.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Hoke-AI-4.png
    Hoke-AI-4.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hoke-AI-5.png
    Hoke-AI-5.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Hoke-AI-6.png
    Hoke-AI-6.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now you can!

Based on her work I have created an Expert system using AI to give you a responsive way of exploring her book.
We all know how long it can take to read and understand(!) a 480 page book dated from 1940.
I have used my revised and modernized version of this book and generated an expert system, that you can simply ask subjects covered in the book. Instead of searching the right chapter that coveres parting SIlver from Palladium, you just ask the AI in a chat how to do that and where to find relevant information inside the book.
It will then return a compact, easy to understand summary and point you to the chapter or declare that the information is not to be found in the book.

You then can insist to search again or ask to go into more details, so you can understand the procedure and the required materials better.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This project is based on a popular AI platform called OpenAI/ChatGPT. It is a seperate app that you can access by simply clicking the link below and logging in.
It may require to subscribe to Premium which is 20$ / month which can be canceled any time. ChatGPT in general can be used free without giving any details, just register with you email or Google account. Easy 1 Click operation. Maybe paid subscription is not even needed to use this app. I am not 100% sure (I am subscribed). This is brandnew tech! Only a few hours released. Will update that info.
The Refining Precious Metals app itself is free! I am not getting a commission or other benefits from publishing! If it is helpful and you want to support me, check out one of my books & e-books on Amazon. Thank you!

Secondly, AI is NOT perfect! Always doublecheck the results. This is a ALPHA version so the first one that is beeing released. I may habve to revise and update the app. So it is very important for me to get your FEEDBACK! Please share it right here on GRF because there is yet no comment function at the GPT website. SO if you experience wrong answers or weird behaviour, please let me know with the exact details (Screensot or questions you asked plus answers by the app. Thank you! This feedback is very important to ensure correct operation and improve the user value of this system!

Third: It will work in any language! You can communicate in your desired language with C.M. Hoke! So French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chineese whatever! Starting language is always ENglish, just instruct the chat to reply in your preferred language and it will do!

Interesting, but as one can see there is still a bit of road to cover.

@Yggdrasil : Correct. It is a brandnew technology and I am working on it. Feedback by the community is essential.
Standard ChatGPT so it is newish that is true.
What is driving it's accuracy, is the precision of the questions or the libraries available to it?

Is this based on the updated version that frugalrefiner edited and is available on the forum or her original work? Wouldn’t want anyone putting gasoline on their sweeps to incinerate them, even if the 1940 edition says so.

The data/text is based on my revised version of the original text. I have removed or replaced all of these sections that I was aware of. In the foreword I have described these modifications:
Hoke-AI-8-Translation.png
I asked GPT about the sweeps, concerning the book and this is the answer it gave me as answer:

Hoke-AI-7-sweeps-gasoline.png

Last edited:
Standard ChatGPT so it is newish that is true.
What is driving it's accuracy, is the precision of the questions or the libraries available to it?
Your advice on how to interact with a Large Language Model (LLM) like GPT is quite astute. Indeed, starting with a general question and progressively delving into more detailed inquiries can be an effective approach, especially for users who may not be familiar with the specific terminology of a field such as chemistry or metallurgy. This method allows for a gradual build-up of understanding, catering to different levels of expertise and knowledge.

It's important to note that while precision in questions can be helpful, it's not always necessary for obtaining valuable answers. LLMs are designed to handle a range of queries, from broad to specific, and can guide the conversation towards a more focused discussion based on the user's responses and follow-up questions.

Your approach also highlights a key aspect of effective communication with AI: the iterative nature of inquiry and response, which can be particularly beneficial for beginners or those exploring new topics.

@BGDOCK
Here is your answer from C.M. Hoke 2023:

I'd like to shed light on why it's not advisable to burn precious metal-containing waste (like filings, dust, etc.) with diesel to eliminate organic compounds. This process can inadvertently lead to the formation of metal carbides, which can alter the chemical and physical properties of the metals involved.

Take the example of palladium, a precious metal commonly found in such waste. When palladium is heated, especially in the presence of carbon sources like those in diesel, it can react to form palladium carbide (PdC). This isn't an isolated case; other precious metals like platinum can also form carbides under similar conditions.

The formation of these carbides is significant for two main reasons:

Alteration of Properties: Carbides often have different properties compared to the pure metal. This can lead to unintended consequences in the resultant material, potentially rendering it less valuable or useful for its intended purpose.

Efficiency and Recovery Concerns: The process of burning with diesel to remove organic compounds can be inefficient and environmentally unfriendly. Moreover, the recovery of precious metals from their carbide forms can be more complex, energy-intensive, and costly.

Therefore, it's recommended to look for alternative methods for handling precious metal-containing waste that don't involve such high-temperature processes with carbon-containing fuels. This approach not only preserves the value of the metals but also aligns better with environmentally sustainable practices.

Marcel,

Hey man I was just screwing around ok I don’t need an AI answer. For the record I burn my sweeps,rags and paper towels in my fireplace what does Ai have to say about that ?

@Marcel
Now you can!

46671-189fa1a08889e52df95d5dccf40d2b76.data

It may require to subscribe to Premium which is 20$ / month which can be canceled any time. ChatGPT in general can be used free od costs without giving any details, just register with you email or Google account. Easy 1 Click operation. Maybe paid subscription is not even needed to use this app. I am not 100% sure (I am subscribed). This is brandnew tech! Only a few hours released. Will update that info.

Secondly, AI is NOT perfect! Always doublecheck the results. This is a ALPHA version so the first one that is beeing released. I may have to revise and update the app. So it is very important for me to get your FEEDBACK! Please share it right here on GRF because there is yet no comment function at the GPT website. If you experience wrong answers or weird behaviour, please let me know with the exact details (Screenshot), questions you asked plus answers by the app. Thank you! This feedback is very important to ensure correct operation and improve the user value of this system!

Third: It will work in any language! You can communicate in your desired language with C.M. Hoke! English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chineese whatever! Starting language is always English, just instruct the chatbot to reply in your preferred language and it will do!

Wow, how exciting 👍🙂
How nice that you opened up this possibility. It will be fun to explore.

There is probably a lot, or a little that needs to be corrected, BUT your initiative is groundbreaking in my eye (yes, I only have one) :).
I am impressed by people who think ahead and your "creation" is completely in that spirit. Good job Marcel! 😃
Thanks
/Dennis

I’m very Impressive with the system that You create.
That will help a lot.
because sometime I need some answer to a process that I mess up
and i have to go to the Hoke’s pdf.
(I’m not well with working with my Iphone).

then I have to go page after page to find what i was looking for.
If i can ask that AI and if the AI can give me some answer,I will be so happy.

Respect for the Amazing job You are doing.

Technology is developed so fast
that soon we will see AI working on those huge mine around the world.

Back