Same guy dust buster/toilet float/coffee maker fume scrubber

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
publius said:
I wonder if this if a Freudian slip?
Adapter for Crack Pot Lid – (1)
:lol:

Lol, seems fitting though, a crack pot, funny thing is that people who make Meth use some of the same equipment and acids. I was looking for an 11 liter reaction flask, and ran across a news article about a meth lab that was busted, that was using eight 11 liter reaction flasks as well as 22 liter and 4 50 liter reaction flasks. I am starting to think that purchasing a used reaction flask from an unknown source might not be a great idea.

So who knows, maybe this system is doubling as a meth lab. It would probably be safer than your local neighborhood meth palace though.

Scott

I'm this guy. I designed Portable Refining System with air purification from fumes.
Look at my ebay at Item number: 130679604793 etc

Attachments

• Scrubber w 3 reactors.jpg
    Scrubber w 3 reactors.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 455
Dendrite said:
I'm this guy. I designed Portable Refining System with air purification from fumes.
Look at my ebay at Item number: 130679604793 etc

Excellent! So you mind if we ask some questions?

Dendrite said:
I'm this guy.c

Hello I'm this guy,

I'm curious to know what type of system you are using, what process or method of recovery and refining. The parts you use do not seem like they would hold up against the type of processes we use to recover and refine precious metals.

I am not saying much of anything simply because I don't have enough information, but to me this seems like a very un-safe method to use any chemicals to do anything, let alone the acids that are used in this type of process, usually. Are you using citric acid or something?. Please correct me where I am wrong.

If this guy has figured out a way to use solutions that recover, and/or refine without all the nasty acids, chemicals, etc I would like to hear it also. I have read short little snippets about organic processes, but I just simply have not read anything being done on this scale. If he is using the same methods, well... I'm interested in hearing the explanation.

Of course, the person claiming to be "the guy" might be just pulling all our legs.

SBrown said:
If this guy has figured out a way to use solutions that recover, and/or refine without all the nasty acids, chemicals, etc I would like to hear it also.

Throughout his auction description he mentions nitric acid, AR and HCL so I highly doubt it.

I was going to ask some questions but I think I may have to bite my tongue on this one.

Yeah...

I am trying to be fair, it's hard, I want to laugh and point my finger and say derogatory things but still everyone deserves the benefit of doubt, and to be treated fairly until we know exactly what is going on with this thing. I am becoming skilled at biting my tongue, it's only fair though, I am sure people bite their tongue in regards to some of my own posts.

Scott

maynman1751 said:
Dendrite said:

Can't we discuss this on open forum so all members can view the questions and answers?
I am very interested in knowing how your device works!

This is why I left this post. Let's give the guy a chance to explain his 'device' and evaluate it from there. Even though his 'device' is crude and unrefined (no play on words) some of his ideas could be usable. One never knows! :roll:

ok, here we go. some processes we use generates certain gases. with the reaction and the heat, the pressure created in the reaction chamber has to exceed the vacuum which will cause gases to escape (and i might add very dangerous and toxic gases). do you have some way to lock the lids on the reaction chambers to create an air tight seal?

SBrown said:
Dendrite said:
I'm this guy.c

Hello I'm this guy,

I'm curious to know what type of system you are using, what process or method of recovery and refining. The parts you use do not seem like they would hold up against the type of processes we use to recover and refine precious metals.

I am not saying much of anything simply because I don't have enough information, but to me this seems like a very un-safe method to use any chemicals to do anything, let alone the acids that are used in this type of process, usually. Are you using citric acid or something?. Please correct me where I am wrong.

a well-known two-step method of refining in nitric acid and aqua regia. New - a scrubber for neutralization of acidic gases and vapors. You can safely work without protective mask in closed spaces

Dendrite, your methods of refining is no secret here. there can be nothing in your process that hasn't been done and posted here. its not the process that should be in question but the safety of the equipment that you say anyone can operate using nitric acid and aqua regia with no other safety equipment other than what you sell. i have an issue with this because greed can override ones conscience. im not sure if you truly believe the claims you make but if you do, i recommend that you do some research here on the forum for what will work and what wont.

Dendrite said:
a well-known two-step method of refining in nitric acid and aqua regia. New - a scrubber for neutralization of acidic gases and vapors. You can safely work without protective mask in closed spaces

1. I know of no two step process to refine gold. I think you are way over simplifying things.
2. Before you refine, you must recover gold, how are you doing that?
3. Have you personally used your system to recover and refine gold, yourself? And how long before the equipment failed?
4. Your system looks extremely unsafe. If you were to use this in an enclosed area, and it failed, NOx would be released into whatever enclosed area (apartment I think you suggested) thus putting every
living creature in the same area at risk, to the point of even possible death. How can you be sure your system is not putting peoples lives at risk.
5. Your process cannot cover all types of precious metal scrap, you make no mention as to what specifically it is meant to refine, nor do you talk about recovering.
6. Some of your easily replaceable parts will fail not because of normal wear and tear, but rather because they were not specifically designed to resist corrosive gases and fumes. Like the vacuum.
7. Does hot acid at any time come into contact with plastic? If so, you have really made a recipe for potential disaster.
8. Is there any technical proof or data that proves this is safe to use, or proves your claims. It doesn't seem to me that you have followed any industry standards.

This is just a quick and dirty laundry list of issues I could think of right off the top of my head. I fear for the safety of anyone who dare uses this system, specially in an enclosed area.

I would also like to know what your background is, and how you can make these claims. Do you recover and refine yourself? Are you an engineer? A Chemist? How long have you been recovering and refining precious metals? Any experience you might have that can validate or back your claims?

Back