• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1kg Gold Bars - Need below market price

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Sorry first of all for my first post on the forum being a sales request however I find myself in a tricky situation!

I am in need of a significant amount of gold, entirely legitimate with cash ready to buy immediately. However, due to the vast amount I need, I am looking for someone who would be willing to offer it lower than spot.

I am based in the UK, so someone based here would be better too as I would be able to avoid paying the import VAT (sorry guys in the USA!).

The price per kg is around £27.7k at present, I'd be looking at paying £25k or a touch more per kg on the promise of 10kg every two weeks.

Fully licensed business in the UK, been with Companies House since 2006, VAT with HMRC, and an office in Birmingham's prestigious jewellery quarter.

I want someone reliable who I can call on at any reasonable time and get an order fulfilled fast!

If you are interested, please reply with contact details!

Thanks,

PS: Great board with lots of great content!

You honestly think you are going to find gold sellers in kilo quantities at close to 10% below spot? People with large quantities of fine gold typically can sell for 99.5% of spot or more.

Ideally, yes. Realistically, who knows what a seller is thinking? Anyone below spot is welcome to message me as I am in need and that's how it is. At the end of the day if you come to me with x% under spot and it's not enough for me, then we walk away. If it is okay, then we deal. No need to trash a request thread.

Oh come now, I did not "trash" your request thread. I actually thought you might have had a typo. You should understand that I have nothing against you, but your offer just seems unrealistic to me.

I do not blame you for trying, and people do strange things, but only a fool would sell a kilo or more of fine gold for a full 9% less than the going rate. Fools typically do not own kilos of gold. The only exception I can think of would be someone in possession of stolen gold who needs to liquidate it. I would imagine you would steer clear of those offers. Be careful, as if you do come across such a deal there is probably something illicit about it that could cost you your money or life.

Okay thanks for the heads up - very much appreciated. I most certainly am not interested in any illicit trade nor risks to life!

9% may be unrealistic, but from offers I've taken before 2-5% aren't uncommon considering we're talking a large quantity the costs generally go down (not up) so I stand hopeful :)

Best laugh I've had for a while!
If you really are in the jewellery quarter you only have to walk round the shops to see they are offering over 95% to the public for live scrap........
How do you realistically expect to buy refined bullion below what the buyers are paying for live scrap?
You can buy gold bullion at about 1/2% over spot on the market if you want volumes but I doubt you will get any responses apart from the ones your getting off the forum as nearly all the members are aware of exactly what they can get for gold cash or not!

9% may be unrealistic, but from offers I've taken before 2-5% aren't uncommon considering we're talking a large quantity the costs generally go down (not up) so I stand hopeful :)[/quote]
Wrong on all counts....
It's like changing £ for $ if you change £10 the rate is low if you change £1000000 the cost is negligible and with bullion it's the most real currency in the world and everyone knows it's value everywhere.
I can send you to numerous places where if you have quantities 99%+ is paid for carat gold bars and if you have really serious amounts the silver is paid for too.
If your buying bullion bars 999+ in kilo lots at low prices something is definitely wrong.....

This is extremely simple to do, but not very easy: You wait till the price drops 11% from current levels and then you can buy everything you want at 10% below current levels.

You'll need patience, but not as much as someone wanting to buy today. :lol:

nickvc said:
9% may be unrealistic, but from offers I've taken before 2-5% aren't uncommon considering we're talking a large quantity the costs generally go down
This is very true.

Most companies pay 97%-99% for anything over 5 ounces.ANYONE with that kind of volume knows exactly what they have,and knows exactly what it is worth.
It would be the same as trying to buy $44,000 in cash for $40,000.That gold is as good as cash,and the owner of it is well aware of that!

Well I'd really be interested in hearing if you could help me with your 99% connections. It is serious and very important I get it sorted soon.

Yes I am 'really' in the jewellery quarter, if you want to come see me - drop me a pm and we'll sort out a day you're free to talk if you have something to bring to the table.

As for it being refined to a bar, its not 100% necessary i just felt it would be easier to get that way - obviously if I can still get my weight required in fine gold, that is fine with me too as we work with a refinery in north london.

I am not trying to be rude,but you are publicly asking for someone to supply you with 10kg of gold every 2 weeks.....that does not sound legitimate to me.Don't get me wrong you may be be completly legitimate,but if it were me,I would take a different route.
What you are asking(on a public forum) is to purchase almost half of a million dollars in gold,every other week.Something is just not adding up here.

It is a valid request for anyone operating a commercial refinery, until you get to the price. Generally when one talks of kilo bars, or sealed bottles of shot, you're talking a commodity that sells for a premium, never below spot. You're asking for a reputable refiner to sell you gold under spot where you have the potential to profit roughly $40,000 (US) per transaction.

Sweet deal, I'm officially offering the same terms; I'll pay 10% under spot for 5 kilo's a week of .999 fine gold.

4metals said:
It is a valid request for anyone operating a commercial refinery, until you get to the price. Generally when one talks of kilo bars, or sealed bottles of shot, you're talking a commodity that sells for a premium, never below spot. You're asking for a reputable refiner to sell you gold under spot where you have the potential to profit roughly $40,000 (US) per transaction.

Sweet deal, I'm officially offering the same terms; I'll pay 10% under spot for 5 kilo's a week of .999 fine gold.

Yeah, what the heck, me too! :shock:

I'll pay 99% of spot for 5 kilos a week of 999 gold :)

This guy needs to get real, or get out of the business. I almost spilled my tea reading his post.

The only deals he will see are people trying to unload the
gold plated tungsten they got taken with.Or some other
type of scam.

Hmmm.
My wife once washed our cllothes with my gold ring I bought in one pocket and $1.00 in change in her pockets. When the wash was done , She only found 90 cents of the money so she gave it to me and took the ring.
I guess the gold and the money was laundered.

I'll take the other side. I'll sell you at 2.5% above spot whatever you want. What the heck.

In fact I'll make you a market: I'll match Lou's bid at 99% and offer at 102.5% basis spot. Coffee is spilling from my nostrils as I type... :lol:

Oh, and we should do this in Switzerland, instead of being subject to VAT in Britain, unless they have changed the law. :shock:

Back