2.5 L Nitric 70% under $100 delivered to home

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acid_Bath76

This is where I get it. I paid about $46 for the acid, and $50 for UPS and hazmat shipping. It's not cheap, but I haven't found a better price yet. I guess you could use sodium nitrate.. or any nitrate, but this is just easier. I guess we all pay for convenience right?

http://www.hvchemical.com

I just purchased 5 Gallons of 67% tech grade nitric acid for $206.32 delivered with hazmat fees included.

http://www.refiningchemicals.com/Store.php

If my conversion is correct that would be equal to 18.93 liters at $10.90/liter or $27.25 for 2.5 liters.

I can't make cold recipe nitric cheaper than that.
You must be very careful though when you transfer into smaller bottles.

Mike

Emmjae said:
I just purchased 5 Gallons of 67% tech grade nitric acid for $206.32 delivered with hazmat fees included.
Shocking! (Although a fair deal today, considering circumstances).

I used to pay $207 for a 55 gallon drum of nitric.

Harold

Harold_V said:
Emmjae said:
Shocking! (Although a fair deal today, considering circumstances).

I used to pay $207 for a 55 gallon drum of nitric.

Harold

I live one hour away from Refining Chemicals (Terrace Chemicals) & am able to pick up chemicals in-warehouse. If I had to have the same materials shipped, according to Sandy, the Hazmat fees would be more than the cost of chemicals.

Emmjae said:

If my conversion is correct that would be equal to 18.93 liters at $10.90/liter or $27.25 for 2.5 liters.

Mike
Emmjae, thanks for the info. Did you have any issues getting this delivered to your residence? The price is phenomenal. wow.

I had it delivered to my business. Only because I needed to be there to sign for it. Not sure without checking the website but I don't believe there is an issue delivering it to a residential address.

Mike

I avoided buying from here because it USED to say that you had to be a business or educational institution. One day I decided to take a second look and that must have been lifted. I purchased the 5 gallon for about 240 shipped. They ship out fast too.

DSC01201.JPG

floppy said:
How do you transfer acid to smaller containers safely goldenchild?

A small squeezable hand pump that starts a siphoning action and has a cap you can unscrew on the top to break the suction once small container is close to being full. IMHO

Barren Realms 007 said:
floppy said:

A small squeezable hand pump that starts a siphoning action and has a cap you can unscrew on the top to break the suction once small container is close to being full. IMHO

Right. That pump you see in the center of the picture works great. If you want to get a siphon you set the outputting vessel higher than the receiving vessel. I fill a 1 liter amber bottle simply by placing the nitric container side by side with the bottle and nitric will only come out at every pump. Just prime a few times and pump. I got this pump at the dollar store.

goldenchild said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
floppy said:

Right. That pump you see in the center of the picture works great. If you want to get a siphon you set the outputting vessel higher than the receiving vessel. I fill a 1 liter amber bottle simply by placing the nitric container side by side with the bottle and nitric will only come out at every pump. Just prime a few times and pump. I got this pump at the dollar store.

I didn't even notice that setting there, I just looked at the drum. 8)

Those pumps won't last too long in the nitric. A company I consult for employed those pumps and they fell apart in a month, so be warned!

Lou said:
Those pumps won't last too long in the nitric. A company I consult for employed those pumps and they fell apart in a month, so be warned!

I'd imagine. To prolong it's life I have been immediatley flushing it with copious amounts of distilled water right after use. I will probably go buy a bunch more this weekend.

I wouldn't go crazy buying a bunch more. Maybe a spare or two.
I would look for one that will last with nitric use.

Jim

Never had to replace any of my hand pumps like in the pic. Use them on all the chems too, HCL, Nitric, Sulfuric. I pump clean water through them after every use.

goldenchild said:
Lou said:

I'd imagine. To prolong it's life I have been immediatley flushing it with copious amounts of distilled water right after use. I will probably go buy a bunch more this weekend.
Absolutely no need for distilled water. Tap water will accomplish the same thing. Run the garden hose through it for a short time.

Best advice yet, however, is to buy one of those transfer siphons from a chemical supply house. Nalgene makes one that is acid resistant, and has a valve. I used the same one for years.

Harold

The lid on that 5 gallon container is threaded for a valve like this. Both the lid and vent must be drilled.

http://www.randmh.com/plastic-drum-faucet-flo-rite/drum-faucets/

I wouldn't rely on it to remain on it's side so it would be best if you stand the container back up when you have drawn off what you require.

Emmjae said:

Mike

I ordered two gallons of nitric from refiningchemicals.com. They shipped them fast, but when i got them both bottles had leaked into the packages and into the box. Even a small amount had soaked through the box. The bottles where in bags, but I don't know why they even bothered considering the bags had so many holes in them.

The nitric undoubtedly got onto other people's packages or the delivery truck it came in.

Just wanted to share my recent experience with them.

I ordered 5 gallons a couple of weeks ago from Sandy. Mine came in a black jug like goldenchild's. The lids were so tight on mine i had to use a wrench to get it off. $215.00 including shipping. Fast shipping, no problems. Did you call and tell them about your problem?

Joeforbes said:
I ordered two gallons of nitric from refiningchemicals.com. They shipped them fast, but when i got them both bottles had leaked into the packages and into the box. Even a small amount had soaked through the box. The bottles where in bags, but I don't know why they even bothered considering the bags had so many holes in them.

The nitric undoubtedly got onto other people's packages or the delivery truck it came in.
:shock:
That is scary.Here is a pic from the last Thio I ordered from Chemistrystore.com .The lid was not completely on.This wasn't the first time I had a problem with them.Several years ago I had ordered a bucket of smb,I ended up tossing almost the entire bucket.I called them repeatedly and told them it was not smb,but they swore that it was.
I was very surprised because I normally never have a problem with them.The problem with the Thio was not a big deal,just makes me wonder what could have happened if it had been a haz-mat.

Attachments

• dscf9007.jpg
    dscf9007.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 326

Latest posts

Back