20 lbs of computer scrap :)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was only wanted was gold fingers and pins. That is why I wanted what you had up for sale. I know I could not see much that why I was going to take a chance. Please don't let other change you mind just ask first. There be less problem.

Like I said before I don't use any unkind words to anyone so I don't like to see them or hear them. In the past I have had to work unsafe so now I will only will work safe as possible.

Jmd, I understand where you are coming from, but let's say you had started a recovery process and posted what you were doing on here. Then a nother member noticed that you were doing something wrong and you would loose values unless you stopped right away. Would you get upset? Or would you be thankful for the quick advice? I think that would be much better than sitting back and letting you mess up first, then telling you what you did wrong.

Now with that said, you said that you were wanting some pins and such for practice, correct? You contacted me via PM sometime back about the pins I am working on. They are very high yeald pins and fairly easy to process, so they would be great to learn with. I can't let many of them go, but I would be willing to send you a small sample of them to process on your own. The only catch is I can't afford to pay shipping, especially if your in another country (I'm in the USA). just PM me, cool?

I want every one who reads this to know that I do not sell my scrap and I do not intend to start. This is a fun a rewarding hobby that I do for personal pleasure. But I feel like this forum has helped me so much that I really need to help others, even if it's in just a small way.

Knoxx, if you or any other moderators, read this. I hope this type of gesture is acceptable. I don't want to do anything that violates the forum rules. When I finally make and sell my first button I will gladly make a donation to GRF as well.

tek4g63 said:
Jmd, I understand where you are coming from, but let's say you had started a recovery process and posted what you were doing on here. Then a nother member noticed that you were doing something wrong and you would loose values unless you stopped right away. Would you get upset? Or would you be thankful for the quick advice? I think that would be much better than sitting back and letting you mess up first, then telling you what you did wrong.

Now with that said, you said that you were wanting some pins and such for practice, correct? You contacted me via PM sometime back about the pins I am working on. They are very high yeald pins and fairly easy to process, so they would be great to learn with. I can't let many of them go, but I would be willing to send you a small sample of them to process on your own. The only catch is I can't afford to pay shipping, especially if your in another country (I'm in the USA). just PM me, cool?

I want every one who reads this to know that I do not sell my scrap and I do not intend to start. This is a fun a rewarding hobby that I do for personal pleasure. But I feel like this forum has helped me so much that I really need to help others, even if it's in just a small way.

Knoxx, if you or any other moderators, read this. I hope this type of gesture is acceptable. I don't want to do anything that violates the forum rules. When I finally make and sell my first button I will gladly make a donation to GRF as well.

of coarse not.the forum has pulled together to help members who was struggling in the past and i think its a great thing to help one another when ever you can.tek4g63, send me a pm with your address and ill send you enough to cover the shipping and i have jacks address too.if you send just pins, send them in a padded envelope. its easier than a box.

computerhoarder, jack lives in the US, when you get together what you can just let me know and ill send you the shipping fees to cover the shipping.

This is the kind of kindness that really makes me happy. Geo, you are a very kind and good person. You have helped me a bunch along the way. I have rounded up some samples to send to you , jmdlcar. Its not much but I'm sure you will be pleased. There will be 3 bags (see picture below). I will give you detailed instructions on how I prep them for processing. And one of the bags is of material that I just got. It has some gold and another plating that I have not yet idenified. Thought you might like a challange 8) . Again I wsh I had more to send you, I will definatly keep you in mind in the future though. Good luck.

Thad

Attachments

• 2012-04-25 15.01.18.jpg
    2012-04-25 15.01.18.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
ComputerHoarder and other sorry how I acted but I was hurt something I though I could get at a low price and get a lot e-scrap. I could have something to do and something to show off. Sorry all. Thanks Jack

Latest posts

Back