• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 3140 grams of low grade scrap (plating materials) for sale SOLD

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitewlf

A senior forum member assessed this scrap and found it to be low grade (1% gold). See the attached photos, and this thread for details: Unusual scrap, worth refining I assume?
He suggested posting it to the forum for best offers. If you are interested, please message me this week.

Correction from previous post: this was originally posted as 8.5lbs, but I was using a bathroom scale. Once I got a real scale, it turned out to be 3140 grams (after subtracting the 50 gram test sample). Sorry for any confusion!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_075358692.jpg
    IMG_20240206_075358692.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240206_075450335.jpg
    IMG_20240206_075450335.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 1
I ran a test on this material for whitewlf which you can see here in this thread ------

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/unusual-scrap-worth-refining-i-assume.33755/#post-364360
I offered to do that test for 3 reasons

1) it was material I had never seen in my 10 years of refining so I was just flat out curious

2) to in fairness provide info to members that may be interested in obtaining this material for their own refining with something to go on in making fair offer(s) for the material

3) based on my test results I have made my own offer on this material but in fairness to all members do not want my offer to be a "closed door" deal

So - I will not be offended if someone else makes a better offer & gets the material - I just like to see members get opportunity & as well get what they feel is a good deal between buyer/seller

So - now that I have retired (back to a hobby level) I hope I ended up getting it but wont be disappointed if someone else does (y) :D ;)

I had fun doing the test :D:cool:

Kurt

Times up. :) I'm sending this stuff over to Kurt. I don't immediately see a way to mark this thread "Sold" or closed or something. Let me know if there is. Thanks!

I'm sending this stuff over to Kurt.

The material is in the mail to me & the check is in the mail to whitewlf (with tracking numbers)

For what it is worth - my offer (& now the check) was/is $1,500

Based on my test results there should be "about" (plus/minus a couple grams) 1 ozt gold in the 7 pounds

So "about" a $500 difference between spot price & purchase price - which I feel is fair "before" time/chem to recover (= a "bit" of profit "after" time/chem to process)

I was somewhat surprised that no one else made any other offers considering the expected recovery on this material is "about" 3 X better then the recovery of plated pins or fingers for "about" the same amount of time/chem to recover ?

Kurt

Back