A lttle note for those that put it down the drain...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rag and Bone

I just realized. All my failed batches, experiments and trace amounts of value are sitting in jugs. I'll get it all back.

Shame if it went down the drain.

:eek: From reading the title, I thought this was going to be a thread about the environmental reasons of why you shouldn't pour down the drain...haha. But yea, you've got a good reason too.

Back in February, I did my first batch of refining ever. That was before I found this forum. I screwed things up BIG TIME. I ended up pouring half of the expected yield down the drain. Literally down the drain, as I was ignorant of toxic metal solutions (at least I neutralized them first :shock: ). The gold that was recoverd was ugly, and so I tucked my tail and seeked answers. Found this place. And after absorbing this forum and reading Hoke's book, I felt like giving it another shot. The picture is of the washed and dried gold powder from 150 grams of gold filled jewelry. It weighs 3.8grams, and I can't wait for my melting dish to arrive!

Attachments

• DSC00796 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00796 (Medium).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 699
Well this thread sure got bumped up in the queue. So where is that pic of your button Andrew? I see you were still with us in the last month.

Latest posts

Back