a/p turns back clear

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am leeching gold from old non-working video games with a/p but my a/p has gone from blue-green to clear tried again with different a/p same thing also it has been sitting outside in my garage for the past few weeks and it has been really cold here could this be my problem any advice would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum.
To answer your question...would be to lead to another question.
It gets complicated unless you read and learn what you are doing and why.
My guess would be you dropped the whole, populated board into AP. This makes a mess and losses gold and other PMs.

Please stop no and read untill your light bulb shines bright as to what is happening.
A great start is the welcome section here on the forum...and onto Safety.

You could create very hazzardous materials and solutions if you continue without knowing.

Good Luck and let us know.

B.S.

Putting the whole board in AP before desoldering will lose gold for you.
Tin in the solder will attach itself to gold and change it to....umm... Colloidal gold. Search for it and you'll find several posts on why this is bad.
This is why it's very important to read and learn what you are doing before doing it.

All of this knowledge is here in the forum. Begin by reading the welcome section and you will find alot of helpful tools to get diggin....into learning how to do it all the right way so you do find that hidden gold nugget.

Good luck and hope to see it when you find it.

B.S.

thanks again for the help i have already achieved a slight amount of gold through processing fingers only when i get batteries for my camera i will post pics

Latest posts

Back