A Troy Pound

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarvus

This is the gold I've refined since October 2006. It amounts to almost 403 grams - a bit over one troy pound.

This is a fun hobby for sure!

Tarvus

Attachments

• Gold 002a.JPG
    Gold 002a.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Gold 001a.JPG
    Gold 001a.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Gold 003a.JPG
    Gold 003a.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,251
Nice job. Looks like from the toes in your last photo, someone else knows where you hide those ingots. LOL

10toes.jpg

a man named Sue

Those are really great! You should post one as your Avatar. You've got me beat by a few grams right now, but I'm about to smelt another ounce or two this week. :wink:

I'm going to try your suggestions with the graphite mold.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Those are really great! You shuold post one as your Avatar. You've got me beat by a few grams right now, but I'm about to smelt another ounce or two this week. :wink:

I'm going to try your suggestions with the graphite mold.

Steve

Good advice Steve. I just added it as my Avatar.

Good luck with the graphite mold!

Tarvus

Sue said:
Nice job. Looks like from the toes in your last photo, someone else knows where you hide those ingots. LOL

a man named Sue

Those would be my own toes! :)

Hey, after all it IS Florida here! Nobody wears shoes!

Tarvus

tarvus said:
Sue said:

10toes.jpg

a man named Sue

Those would be my own toes! :)

Hey, after all it IS Florida here! Nobody wears shoes!

Tarvus

Not even when you are pouring ingots? Man, I thought I was tough. LOL

a man named Sue

Noxx said:
Wow, those bars are incredible ! How did you cast them ? Do you use graphite ingot molds ?

Yes, I use a (so-called) one ounce graphite ingot mold, but many of those ingots are over 2 ounces.

The technique I use is the same as I described to Lazersteve.

Regards,
Tarvus

I just seen them molds on ebay

Item number: 200109352575 $29.00 for a 1 oz. Gold Silver Scrap Graphite Ingot Mold + S&H $4.85 do not know if that is a good deal or not but thought I would share the info.
they also have them in biger sizes.

Verry Nice { Wish them wher in my poke} any how nice Job

They're pretty sturdy.. I bought a couple from them and abused the hell out of them before I knew what I was doing.. they're faired a helluva lot better than the crucible I had bought.. :shock: :lol:

Back