After Gold drop, Auric Chloride now becomes what?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharding757

I've been reading and searching the forums for the past two days on the procedures for the safe disposal of acids. Most posts either reference the AP solution or the AR solution for disposal. I have yet to find out what the auric chloride solution becomes after adding smb for the gold drop. Does it become sodium chloride since the gold has been removed? I've tried search the web as well to no avail. I'm good on what to do with the Hcl/H202 but the answer to this eludes me.

Sharding757,
For waste treatment the best thing here to study is the thread dealing with waste, found in the safety section.

This is the best place to start your study on waste.

As you gain more experience sometimes you will find a byproduct of a chemical reaction is not a waste product, but can be a useful chemical that can be used in some other processes.

Yes Butcher that's where I started my searching...perhaps I've missed it..will search again. Internet was down for sometime sorry for the late reply.

This is probably one of the best things to learn with what we do.
How to safely deal with the waste.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1300

Latest posts

Back