All electrolysis same?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to a friend who went to see ETP (effluent treatment plant) for textile industry. The dyeing waste colour treated with electrolysis. The electrolysis process will accumulate all the colour so that the water will be let out.

After listening to this I was recalling the information about copper purification process which I had gathered for my e-waste start-up analysis.

Can the same equipment used in textile ETP could also be used with little modification with power adjustment , electrolyte solution, Anode/cathode for copper purification also?

(I am not from refining or metallurgical background. I am from software background.)

Dyeing waste treatment is based on aluminum salt coagulation. Hence aluminum electrodes. Hence electrodes should be replaced, one to copper the other is PM mixed with copper as well as electrolyte - copper sulphate

Lino1406 said:
Dyeing waste treatment is based on aluminum salt coagulation. Hence aluminum electrodes. Hence electrodes should be replaced, one to copper the other is PM mixed with copper as well as electrolyte - copper sulphate

Thanks a lot for the answer. I understood the system could be modified as needed.

Back