Ammonia gold and silver extraction problems

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethby

Please I need your urgent assistance for gold and silver extraction using aqua ammonia.i ever done this before but I've forgotten the exact amounts of aqua ammonia I mixed . yesterday I mixed cupric sulphate 10-15gms per liter and sodium chloride 260 gms per liter and ammonia solution(35%) of 4moles per liter which measured as 83mls per liter and I autoclaved to more than 200°c. I have ever done it with carbon ashes and worked very excellent. But now even the part of phone mother board i added there to be sure something is leached nothing happened to the mother board. My question is 4moles of aqua ammonia(35%) i measured to 83mls per liter or I made a mistake with ammonia calculations.please help for urgent reply because all equipment are waiting for this ammonia solution mole to litre conversation.than you

Please I need your urgent assistance for gold and silver extraction using aqua ammonia.i ever done this before but I've forgotten the exact amounts of aqua ammonia I mixed . yesterday I mixed cupric sulphate 10-15gms per liter and sodium chloride 260 gms per liter and ammonia solution(35%) of 4moles per liter which measured as 83mls per liter and I autoclaved to more than 200°c. I have ever done it with carbon ashes and worked very excellent. But now even the part of phone mother board i added there to be sure something is leached nothing happened to the mother board. My question is 4moles of aqua ammonia(35%) i measured to 83mls per liter or I made a mistake with ammonia calculations.please help for urgent reply because all equipment are waiting for this ammonia solution mole to litre conversation.than you
I have never heard about this process.
Ammonia may dissolve Silver but I never heard that it has the ability to dissolve Gold.
Why are you using this process?

Can you specify your question please?

Please cite the source of this procedure. If valid, smarter and more experienced people than myself will look into it and comment appropriately.

Time for more coffee.

Gold leaching with ammonia and cupric ions has been around for a long time, there are a lot of papers available in the literature searches.
Generally the process uses ammonia at around 5 moles per litre and cupric ions at around 5 - 10 grams per litre.
The process does not really operate at low temperatures so it is used in an autoclave at around 200C.
With all the above it is evident that it really is a process for treating concentrates, too expensive to set up and run low grade material.
Deano

Is it not toxic ?if you don't care inbox me whatsap i want to learn more things from you about gold leaching from its ore by not using cyanide +255788747144
Of course, every time you put metals into solution as salts, it is toxic.

This process is quite expensive since you need large autoclaves and can only produce by batch.
That us why it is recommended only for concentrates.

Back