Another Newbe here

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglewings35

Hey folks,
I recently came across an 8oz peice of Gold.
This piece is quite heavy, and came out of the Arizona region.
It has the look of gold on one side and it looks like black slag on the other.
I have a been told that it came from an OldTimers crucible. (or what ever they used) It has a curved shape, like what you would see in a crucible.
Knowing that it came from an area known for gold, silver, and copper this may be a great find.
My question is how do I separate this chunk and get all the PM's in their natural form? I don't like the idea of killing myself with deadly gasses or fumes. Can some one please help me with this idea? You can email me [email protected]

what do you mean " their natural form "? the natural form was lost by smelting don't it ? if you want to separate the black slag , take a hammer and beat the (s)crap out of it !

My saying "Natural form" was probably misleading. What I meant was, how do I separate all the metals, gold, silver, platinum?
I am of course assuming that there is ALL 3 in this one chunk.
What process to I use to begin the separation process?
Thanks !!, and good pun !!! (beat the (s)crap out of it !!!!!

eagle wing, there are many a good post here on how to refine your metal, look at inqurting, parting with nitric, then disolving it in aqua regia, ridding nitric and the precipitation of your metals, washing powders, rerefining if nessary and melting, you will have some reading to do, so put the gold in a safe place till you get some under your belt. Hokes book is a must.
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7070&p=65151#p65151
note some notes from Philddreamer, inquartation,check with him he just made some pretty gold from the nuggets he's found, I bet he can help you get started, don't forget to learn about the safety issues, you can kill yourself trying to get the gold.

Thanks Butcher.
Can you tell me where I can get Hoke's book?
I have seen it referred to as many times as the word "Gold", and I want to definately become informed and stay safe.

There is a down-load-able version on the forum. reading through the forum you will find references, many guys have it at the bottom of every post they make, I thing they call it their signiture line, sorry I cannot refer you, someone will probably post it here soon. if I run into it I will.

Latest posts

Back