Any members here willing to sell nitric?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icejj

Just thought it'd be worth a shot to see if there are any members in the Virginia area with kegs/drums of nitric that would be willing to sell some. It'd be much appreciated! I get mine from dudadiesel but it adds up. I'm getting more and more scrap here and there so I'm trying to save money wherever I can.

Just thought it'd be worth a shot to see if there are any members in the Virginia area with kegs/drums of nitric that would be willing to sell some. It'd be much appreciated! I get mine from dudadiesel but it adds up. I'm getting more and more scrap here and there so I'm trying to save money wherever I can.

Have you tried making your own nitric....as long as your not processing Silver it works fine.

Actually I haven't. I've been really thinking about it lately though.

Ace hardware sells 2 kinds of sulfuric acid drain cleaner.
Professional drain cleaner (I think that's the name) in a white 1 gallon bottle.
Liquid Fire drain cleaner in a 1 gallon red bottle, both around $20 US.
Calcium nitrate in a 3Lbs bag, I around $12 US

You might find sulfuric acid at Lowes/Home depot, buy usually I only find their drain cleaner as sodium hydroxide, only good for PH adjustments.

Lowes/Home depot sell Potassium nitrate as Spectracide stump remover (black bottle)...not to mistake it for Bonide stump remover as it is SMB.

Located in Virginia am pretty positive there are farmer stores/markets you can find other nitrates available...If your not a farmer, I wouldn't go a get a 25Lbs bag though...You may get some questions on why you need that much. I would buy a couple Lbs at a time.....for the garden of course.

My wife hates when I standing in the store isle's read ingredients lists looking for chemical substitutes for refining :).

Ace hardware sells 2 kinds of sulfuric acid drain cleaner.
Professional drain cleaner (I think that's the name) in a white 1 gallon bottle.
Liquid Fire drain cleaner in a 1 gallon red bottle, both around $20 US.
Calcium nitrate in a 3Lbs bag, I around $12 US

You might find sulfuric acid at Lowes/Home depot, buy usually I only find their drain cleaner as sodium hydroxide, only good for PH adjustments.

Lowes/Home depot sell Potassium nitrate as Spectracide stump remover (black bottle)...not to mistake it for Bonide stump remover as it is SMB.

Located in Virginia am pretty positive there are farmer stores/markets you can find other nitrates available...If your not a farmer, I wouldn't go a get a 25Lbs bag though...You may get some questions on why you need that much. I would buy a couple Lbs at a time.....for the garden of course.

My wife hates when I standing in the store isle's read ingredients lists looking for chemical substitutes for refining :).
Thanks, I do remember seeing somewhere on the forum about making nitric without using the distillation method. But since I'm going to need a lot of it, I wasn't sure how difficult it was to make it in large quantities, the concentration that it would be after making it, or the volume that it would be after making it. I also don't think I'll have the freezer space for the step that requires it, since I'm going to need a lot... Maybe I'll end up going that route though and just to try it out and see how it works for me.

I also don't think I'll have the freezer space for the step that requires it

Putting it the freezer is ideal.. but honestly I don't do it. I just let it cool to room temp for a couple hours and coffee filter off the salts. Some salts will precipitate out in the storage bottle over time, but not a big deal. From what I've read it's somewhere around 35%, and it makes reactions more controllable...plus you need the water anyway. Others may have a different view of it.

Lazersteve has great recipe(s), but I don't know how well they scale up to larger quantities.

Putting it the freezer is ideal.. but honestly I don't do it. I just let it cool to room temp for a couple hours and coffee filter off the salts. Some salts will precipitate out in the storage bottle over time, but not a big deal. From what I've read it's somewhere around 35%, and it makes reactions more controllable...plus you need the water anyway. Others may have a different view of it.

Lazersteve has great recipe(s), but I don't know how well they scale up to larger quantities.
Okay, thank you for your input!

I hope you can find real nitric for a reasonable price. If we were neighbors I would gladly (hopefully😜) give you some. Cause the rules in EU don’t allow me to forward my nitric to “another” without a legit dealer permission here in Sweden. I just have the regular “to-posses” permit.
/Dennis

I hope you can find real nitric for a reasonable price. If we were neighbors I would gladly (hopefully😜) give you some. Cause the rules in EU don’t allow me to forward my nitric to “another” without a legit dealer permission here in Sweden. I just have the regular “to-posses” permit.
/Dennis
Well it's the thought that counts lol! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll get lucky one of these days and find a neighbor like you 🙂

I just purchased nitric 67% for the second time from a forum advertiser. Xelexo.net. cheap, no freight, no hazardous surcharges.

I just purchased nitric 67% for the second time from a forum advertiser. Xelexo.net. cheap, no freight, no hazardous surcharges.
Do Xelexo have a branch in Australia?
Since you and Ray seem to be the same person, Ray, either you reply to the questions you are asked, or you welcome here may be short.

I have understood that nitric acid has become extremely expensive in the US. I assume you bought the 1 liter bottle for $42? Maybe considered cheap "over there", but here in Scandinavia and the surrounding area, 1 liter costs the equivalent of around $5. But I know, if you have to, you have to. Really hope you get a better price picture soon, because those prices are horrible. Well, now you have nitric. And also I would also have bought in your situation, regardless of the price, because we need it. It's just money 😉. And in a few weeks we will get paid from our work again 😅. And the purpose of the purchase is for a productive purpose... Gold! 💰

Well it's the thought that counts lol! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll get lucky one of these days and find a neighbor like you 🙂
LoL I hope so to🙂.
I can just imagine us 2 as neighbors😂.
I think we both should ending up spending all our free time in our own special bunker-lab where we’d spent a fortune to have all kinds of top notch equipment, just seeing our families at dinner time and in the mornings😂.
We better don’t, to remain the peace with family and friends🤓.
But I’ll keep it in mind… 😉
/Dennis

I have understood that nitric acid has become extremely expensive in the US. I assume you bought the 1 liter bottle for $42? Maybe considered cheap "over there", but here in Scandinavia and the surrounding area, 1 liter costs the equivalent of around $5. But I know, if you have to, you have to. Really hope you get a better price picture soon, because those prices are horrible. Well, now you have nitric. And also I would also have bought in your situation, regardless of the price, because we need it. It's just money 😉. And in a few weeks we will get paid from our work again 😅. And the purpose of the purchase is for a productive purpose... Gold! 💰
I'm just going to cry here by myself in Canada, finding single liters at $110 to $170.. depending on delivery dates.

Convenient maybe, but I wouldn't dare to call it cheap 42$ a liter for 50e i can get a 25l keg here if i get the permit. Or for a few more euros I can get 25l of 14.5% sulfuric and 25kg of nitrate. Given the small amount i need at the moment I do plan on getting a bit from xelexo :).

Us and Canada is messed up.

Convenient maybe, but I wouldn't dare to call it cheap 42$ a liter for 50e i can get a 25l keg here if i get the permit. Or for a few more euros I can get 25l of 14.5% sulfuric and 25kg of nitrate.
Leo is probably a robot from Xelexo

Back