AP and AC

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cly9412

OK I tried the AP method on some gold plated pins.I dont know why but it did disolve the gold and some of the unwanted metal.Once I noticed the gold disolving I keep a close watch on it stiring it.When the gold was mostly disolved I poored of the AP so all the unwanted metal was'nt disolved into it.I know it a no,no to have unwanted in your auric cloride,But thats what I have .Know I want to know how to precipitate the gold.Am I correct on how I think I should.
1-Add three time the original volume with water.2-Then precipitate the gold with SMB.
I also have some Auric Cloride from the same pins that I done with the HCI and Clorox method.My question is can I mix the AP and the AC together to precipitate together.
1 more thing.I tried to dissolve the unwanted metal using Ammonium Cloride and some Clean Shot Drain opener.It says its virgin sulfuric acid.I used the poormans recipe I seen on here.I thought it was going to work.At first a had gold foil floating on top and the unwanted dissolving.Then next thing I know the gold is dissolved to.What happened.

If you added too much preoxide, some of your gold dissolved, BUT, it cemented back as a sediment because of the base metals present in the AP. Some of the sediment with your "unwanted" may contain some of your gold.
There souldn't be any gold in solution in your AP unlees you have a lot of peroxide still present. Add some clean copper in order to cement any gold in your AP.

1-Add three time the original volume with water.2-Then precipitate the gold with SMB.
I also have some Auric Cloride from the same pins that I done with the HCI and Clorox method.My question is can I mix the AP and the AC together to precipitate together.
1 more thing.I tried to dissolve the unwanted metal using Ammonium Cloride and some Clean Shot Drain opener.It says its virgin sulfuric acid.I used the poormans recipe I seen on here.I thought it was going to work.At first a had gold foil floating on top and the unwanted dissolving.Then next thing I know the gold is dissolved to.What happened.

Cly, I think you should set aside the solutions, do some more reading; put together the proper steps & procedures correctly and then try it again.

Take care & be safe!

Phil

Latest posts

Back