ap and fiber cpu's

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronix

So heres my problem/question.

i decided to try a small batch of fiber cpu's in AP ( i know im not supposed to but i just wanted to see what happens). my problem is the AP going a transparent green with lots of black sediment. Also i added a piece of copper after 3 days and thats when it went clear very light green.

To clarify i filtered out my dirty foils from original 1st wash and re soaked them in fresh ap because not all of the pins dissolved or released their foils. so i plan to filter once more then boil in HCL, filter, dissolve in HCL And clorox, boil down to sludge and re add HCL then precipitate, wash with ammonia, water, hcl, the distilled water and finally melt when i save up enough powder.

is this the right process? im hoping i can fix this problem this way.

edit: now it is a clear blue color with lots of black sediment

Also i thought i would add that im more interested in the way to fix this problem than the gold i could lose. this is my test run with a small amount of material, an amount that i can stomache losing.

i have boiled the solution in hcl at a low boil, and im filtering it out now. i took the original AP and added a few pinches of potassium metabisulfite until it stopped reacting and have a tan brown powder settling ( i diluted the solution after PMB was added.)

is this gold or iron from the kovar in the pins? or another metal?

should i dissolve a little of the powder in hcl/cl and do a stanneous test?

also when i was making the stanneous chloride there was black powder in the bottom, what is it?

thanks for your time, criticism is welcomed good or bad.

kronix said:
also when i was making the stanneous chloride there was black powder in the bottom, what is it?
thanks for your time, criticism is welcomed good or bad.

If you used 95% tin solder it will be antimony, the other 5% of the solder.
It won't hurt anything.

Jim

Latest posts

Back