AP Process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twistie

I have been reading and trying to intake all the information here and in Hoke's book. Most abbreviations I think I have figured out like AR = Agua Regina and I can look up the chemical equations easily HNO3 = Nitric Acid, but for the life of me I can not figure out what AP stands for. I have found no results here when I search it or out on that crazy I-net. Additionally, I have not been able to figure out from the sentences in which it was used. I am willing to research the information just need to know what to look up.

AP = ???

Thanks again

Twistie said:
I have been reading and trying to intake all the information here and in Hoke's book. Most abbreviations I think I have figured out like AR = Agua Regina and I can look up the chemical equations easily HNO3 = Nitric Acid, but for the life of me I can not figure out what AP stands for. I have found no results here when I search it or out on that crazy I-net. Additionally, I have not been able to figure out from the sentences in which it was used. I am willing to research the information just need to know what to look up.

AP = ???

Thanks again
AR = Aqua Regia, not Regina.

AP = Acid/Peroxide. The leach starts with HCl and peroxide. As it works, it becomes a CUCl2 leach, with the CuCl2 doing the work of dissolving copper and other metals.

The forum search doesn't produce results for 2 letter searches. If you have the google search it will do a better job.

Dave

Aww, the light bulb just went off! I had actually watched a video on that. Thank you! I've been keeping a journal and I am working on a glossary to help me in my research. This is almost like learning a foreign language and my brain is a slow translator.

you may not think so but....... slow is good, take your time & don't rush "safety first"

if you are weary on a process just ask, you know there is lots of help here.

You can also search Lasersteve posts, he has great posts regarding Ap. Also on his signature line you can visit his website where he has free videos processimg fingers using the process.

Latest posts

Back