Aqua regia a lot of SMB...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the gold is thick enough it can stop the nitric acid process. Gold filled will do the same thing. It leaves a shell of the outside gold and some of the copper or other base metals inside. This is why a good washing process is needed for the gold powders. Also, it is why we often process the powders a second time.

Often it is suggested to post the complete process one intends to use step by step. This helps us to find the area that may cause problems. I have looked but cannot find the post about “ “getting gold bright and shiny”. Maybe someone can post that here for us.

If not much you have to refine .after some nitric .just go to A R desolve every thing .and second time AR with defrent precipitant .that's why need to know what exactly metals you have in alloy .if you dealing with just gold and copper is defrent story if you dealing with gold .tin .silver .you need to know what metals beside gold .you dealing with

If the gold is thick enough it can stop the nitric acid process. Gold filled will do the same thing. It leaves a shell of the outside gold and some of the copper or other base metals inside. This is why a good washing process is needed for the gold powders. Also, it is why we often process the powders a second time.

Often it is suggested to post the complete process one intends to use step by step. This helps us to find the area that may cause problems. I have looked but cannot find the post about “ “getting gold bright and shiny”. Maybe someone can post that here for

Need to know exactly what metal he's dealing with .in melt need to add sodium bicarbonate if it only the gold in melt if there is other metal can cause tarnsh

Thanks!

Maybe I will refine the gold again, what I usually do is put nitric acid on the reduced gold powder so that if it contains other metals besides the gold, do you think it's a good idea?

Ok need to know how much gold you dealing with if you know what other metal .if cant find out what you have .then use nitric 50 water and then AR with what left precipitate .and .AR second time with deferent precipitant . Use shark advice on waching that's one option .but try to find out what you have .if you making this to sale .sale it the way it is don't worry about shiny .an refiner will finish it .need to know what you have how much .

Thanks!

Maybe I will refine the gold again, what I usually do is put nitric acid on the reduced gold powder so that if it contains other metals besides the gold, do you think it's a good idea?
If you got rid of all traces of HCl or if you accept a part of the gold redissolving from weak AR, yes.

And you should/could save that spent nitric for a future dirty digestion.

I usually take it for heartburn if there is nothing else at home :) I asked to make sure I understood correctly
Yes but if still have same problem .You have to refine again . Sodium bicarbonate can take some tarnish . but if there is more traces of other metal . you have to refine again

Hi, on the advice of many, I refined the gold again, the result is good! I boiled the gold dust in hydrochloric acid and then in distilled water several times.

Attachments

• 20220719_112639.jpg
    20220719_112639.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220719_124155.jpg
    20220719_124155.jpg
    904.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220719_144334.jpg
    20220719_144334.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220719_140350.jpg
    20220719_140350.jpg