Assistance needed after SMB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GROOMER123 said:
I to have been trying the scrap refining I tried the shor method 1st because it was less toxic only it foamed over this nasty green foam so after foam went away the color was black green filtered used urea then tested it was brown so added smb it was clear but solution was still very dark green with greenish grey powder at the bottom so tried another batch with muratic bleach and peroxide no urea again green with grey powder then tried straight gold pins with aqua regia urea and smb with same color on bottom no gold color in the water I bought bonide stump out for smb maybe it had something else in it testing is clear after smb but no brown dirt also tried cleaning several times it's still greenish grey help

Nice to meet you Sir, but do you think you could retype this wall of text and add some punctuation so that more of our members will understand what you are looking for and be able to provide some help.

Thanks

Jon

Latest posts

Back