At a loss

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for the post about getting gold bright and shiny.

If you’re working with gold powders from a gold drop, you’re looking for information on “washing” your powders.

This reply is a two fold answer. 1. You now know what to search. 2. You might learn something that could be helpful later on thereby possibly answering some future question. The old teach a man to fish or feed him one meal saying comes to mind here.

Look for the post about getting gold bright and shiny.

If you’re working with gold powders from a gold drop, you’re looking for information on “washing” your powders.

This reply is a two fold answer. 1. You now know what to search. 2. You might learn something that could be helpful later on thereby possibly answering some future question. The old teach a man to fish or feed him one meal saying comes to mind here.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/posts/2620/

Removing metals like copper from gold is done with distilled water and Nitric. Gold doesn’t dissolve in that solution. Cementation will precipitate any metals below it in reactivity series, so anything that will cement copper will also cement gold. No separation will occur.

If you have Gold powder with Copper in it, Nitric will remove the Copper and leave the Gold.
Yes, thank you. I watched a video Kadriver had that he was inquarting gold with copper to repurify his gold. But, with what little I have, I’ll just wait till I have more and do it altogether, because it’s possible to lose gold with the nitric. It would be nice if we’re possible to know an exact time to have the gold in the nitric for? I’m guessing that no one knows that? But who knows, maybe someone calculated the weight of their gold with the volume of nitric and actually times it? I gather someone would have a lot of gold to experiment with? Of course they would have to save their solutions to recapture what was lost also?

Yes, thank you. I watched a video Kadriver had that he was inquarting gold with copper to repurify his gold. But, with what little I have, I’ll just wait till I have more and do it altogether, because it’s possible to lose gold with the nitric. It would be nice if we’re possible to know an exact time to have the gold in the nitric for? I’m guessing that no one knows that? But who knows, maybe someone calculated the weight of their gold with the volume of nitric and actually times it? I gather someone would have a lot of gold to experiment with? Of course they would have to save their solutions to recapture what was lost also?
Simple things can drastically change how long it could take. A good example would be temperature, 25 degrees up or down could change the time by hours. Oddly I don’t know the temperature I use, it is a mark on my heat source where all the numbers are worn off and I scratched my own favorite spots on it where the one use depends on what I am doing.

I do have a question that might or might not work, I’m curious that, what if I were to flatten the gold very thin and run it through my stripping cell with my plate items, would that work also?
I don't think so.
But if you are re processing it, why not redissolve and run it again?

Simple things can drastically change how long it could take. A good example would be temperature, 25 degrees up or down could change the time by hours. Oddly I don’t know the temperature I use, it is a mark on my heat source where all the numbers are worn off and I scratched my own favorite spots on it where the one use depends on what I am doing.
I guess it’ll have a lot that I’ll learn more about over time the more I do it. I got an awesome deal on eBay for trimmed fingers. Supposed to be a little over a half a pound for 52 bucks n the man said maybe even more? I haven’t had a chance to weigh it yet but it’s at least 4lbs and a lot of them are double sided. Never ever got a deal like that before 😁 and especially from off of eBay

I guess it’ll have a lot that I’ll learn more about over time the more I do it. I got an awesome deal on eBay for trimmed fingers. Supposed to be a little over a half a pound for 52 bucks n the man said maybe even more? I haven’t had a chance to weigh it yet but it’s at least 4lbs and a lot of them are double sided. Never ever got a deal like that before 😁 and especially from off of eBay
52 bucks for 250 grams of trimmed fingers?
How is this a good deal for you? You would be better off buying gold and have more without doing the work.
This makes no sense to me.

I don’t shop eBay and don’t do much electronics these days buutttt I picked up 11 pounds of clean IC’s from memory stick’s yesterday for $20. Should add nicely to the 12 pounds I already have on hand.

52 bucks for 250 grams of trimmed fingers?
How is this a good deal for you? You would be better off buying gold and have more without doing the work.
This makes no sense to me.
Don't be disappointed if you recover less than a gram of gold. Sreetips has a Utube video where he processes a much larger batch than you have to see how much is recovered.

Back