Au River water

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneware

From one liter river water added 1 gram activated carbon then ashed the carbon using alcohol which aided drying.

Ash was then processed in aqua regia then copper was added to cement the values.

A sample has been sent to the lab for an ICP and fire assay for confirmation. might just be another pipe dream.

Screenshot-from-2021-05-20-17-21-35.png

four-rock.png

filter-gold.png

Is that not the opposite way metal is normally re-deposited.
Water from a very large aria is heated or even taking up nanite particle of metal, transport them until a change in environment causes a deposition.
Over time, coming to a concentration in an orebody that would be economical to recover.
How would you distinguish the difference between the remains of un-deposited metal in solution and content which had been freshly taken up from an unknown body of ore you are looking for?
You can detect gold just about anywhere if your test is sensitive enough.
If only we could intrigant the individual ion's and ask where they have been.

One issue i see in this is you didn't say anything about testing your ar with stannous before cementation. And you cemented out with copper. Which as the reader the copper could potentially be contaminated as well being from anything.

Which this thought might not have relevance, but it could as well...

The copper used came from my parting cell, I agree should have used stannous to test, but with the ICP and fire assay at $33.60 Canadian with results back within a couple of weeks. I'll have much more information that I had using stannous.

The water sample is from British Columbia which is well known for arsenic.

copper-plate.jpg

In some cases the concentration of metals in subsurface transport zones can be quite high. The best from my observation appear to be between the main mineral occurrence and an adjacent supergene enrichment zone in areas with naturally saline groundwater.
I hope your experiment pays off.

Cheers Wal

I first stumbled onto this river about five years ago, if memory serves me the water ph was around 5 no further testing was done.

Now we await the results of the assay, the assay below is from the Sooke River, Leechtown which was heavily mined for gold is located on the headwaters.

I hope the next assay shows more promise.

https://naturexperience.com/where-is-vancouver-island-and-how-was-it-formed/

The physical geographical lay out of the country is due to a combination of factors. The Vancouver Island Ranges run almost entirely along the length of the 460 kilometres separating the east coast from the west coast. The mountains were formed 55 million of years ago when the land was lifted when the Kula plate sub-ducted under the North American plate as well as volcanic activity occurring, the area was subjected to earthquake activity. In 1946 the largest every earthquake was recorded on the Forbidden Plateau in the east of the Ranges registering 7.3 on the Richter scale.

save.png

Latest posts

Back