batch sizes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

i am stockpiling fingers(2.3lbs), cpus(74), and pins(1lb+) separately. my question is how large are most of the hobbyists batches? or how much do you stockpile till you process your material?
how many pounds of cpus at once, fingers? pins?
thanks in advance.

my batch's vary depending on the process I am using .
the amount I have to process,
pins I do about 140 grams or more to a batch if I do the pins and distilling nitric at same time process,
most of the time the reaction vessels determine limits to batch sizes, also your amount of acids ect.
if you have too much metal for the amount of acids your gold will just plate to the copper metal not disolvedwhich can create a problem, (sometimes I use this to my advantage).
also too much acid can be a waste and make neutralizing and precipitating more difficult.
I would be processing what I have, while I was trying to come up with more.

I like to do 4 pounds of fingers with AP in a big primary fermentor bucket or 40 or 50 ceramic cpu's. Agitation gets difficult if it's overfilled. I stockpile the foils and refine once there is a nice pile. I'm shooting for refining a few times per year. Next batch before Christmas. :D

Back