BGA chips Bottom part and Pin Less Proccesors Processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avigp193

I just processed the BGA top successfully and got a good yeild by following hooked and this forums many procedure by pyrolysis and all.
But here comes the bottom part and fiber pin less processor.

I dipped all in HNO3 for few hours so that the base metals get dissolved and I will get golden sparkles flowting in liquid but this disnot happend. Then I added HCl to make it aqua regia so that gold along with all the base metals will get dissolved in the acid . So that will purify the gold afterwards.

But this decision turn my solution into a big message.

Firstly the colour was greenish then after adding HCl it got bluish colour and some sort of white scum got precipitated in aqua regia.

I tried to filter that many times but it chokes the funnel every time.

Some how after filtering with filter paper and cotton i finnally separated scum from liquid then I put sulfamic acid and then added smb.

Waited for 10 hours.

Very light dust that also black got precipitated but in my opinion i was expecting much then this but still I collected that dust and again did aqua regia to. Purify the solution got yellow. Colour too . But I forget to test it with sncl2 and added sulfamic and smb to precipitate but not got any result of precipitation.

So finally I ended up with about 300 ml of solution that's yellow in colour and about 3..4 lts. Or solution that is blue in colour.

Help me to get it sort.

Attachments

• IMG20231104120633.jpg
    IMG20231104120633.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
But here comes the bottom part and fiber pin less processor

First off, how much were you processing.

By "bottom part", do you mean the fiber board after the black epoxy top was removed. If so, did you process them with some solder balls still attached to the bottom?

As far as the pinless CPU's, the yield on those are terrible. There's more money in the copper heat sink tops...In my opinion.

I just processed the BGA top successfully and got a good yeild
If you don't mind...how much did you process and what was the yield.

I just processed the BGA top successfully and got a good yeild by following hooked and this forums many procedure by pyrolysis and all.
But here comes the bottom part and fiber pin less processor.

I dipped all in HNO3 for few hours so that the base metals get dissolved and I will get golden sparkles flowting in liquid but this disnot happend. Then I added HCl to make it aqua regia so that gold along with all the base metals will get dissolved in the acid . So that will purify the gold afterwards.

But this decision turn my solution into a big message.

Firstly the colour was greenish then after adding HCl it got bluish colour and some sort of white scum got precipitated in aqua regia.

I tried to filter that many times but it chokes the funnel every time.

Some how after filtering with filter paper and cotton i finnally separated scum from liquid then I put sulfamic acid and then added smb.

Waited for 10 hours.

Very light dust that also black got precipitated but in my opinion i was expecting much then this but still I collected that dust and again did aqua regia to. Purify the solution got yellow. Colour too . But I forget to test it with sncl2 and added sulfamic and smb to precipitate but not got any result of precipitation.

So finally I ended up with about 300 ml of solution that's yellow in colour and about 3..4 lts. Or solution that is blue in colour.

Help me to get it sort.
Did you pyrolize and incinerate the fibers in the pinless CPUs?
Pin less CPUs has very little PMs at all and are probably the lowest yielding material we can process.
What you did with adding Nitric to these, is to create Metastannic acid which caused your filtering issues.
After you got the precipitated powder you should have just added enough HCl to cover it in a narrow beaker.
Then a few drops of Nitric or better Bleach or peroxide before then going to SMB or Ferrous Sulfate.

As Eaglekeeper asked:
How many processors and what did you expect?
What was your yield for the BGAs?

Did you pyrolize and incinerate the fibers in the pinless CPUs?
Pin less CPUs has very little PMs at all and are probably the lowest yielding material we can process.
What you did with adding Nitric to these, is to create Metastannic acid which caused your filtering issues.
After you got the precipitated powder you should have just added enough HCl to cover it in a narrow beaker.
Then a few drops of Nitric or better Bleach or peroxide before then going to SMB or Ferrous Sulfate.

As Eaglekeeper asked:
How many processors and what did you expect?
What was your yield for the BGAs?
First off, how much were you processing.

By "bottom part", do you mean the fiber board after the black epoxy top was removed. If so, did you process them with some solder balls still attached to the bottom?

As far as the pinless CPU's, the yield on those are terrible. There's more money in the copper heat sink tops...In my opinion.

If you don't mind...how much did you process and what was the yield.
I just processed TOP part of BGA with many plastic ics so it was mixed 600 grams of ics having flatpacks , bga tops , ram sticks bga all mixed and I got 1.22 grams from that which is quite good I think.

Now for pin less processors and bottom part of BGA which were having visible gold bonding wires I directly put them in HNO3 and then I added HCl to make it aqua regia.

Then I ended up in blue solution only. Which is having gold I think.

Give me solutions to recover from that.

I have processed about 50, proccesorrs and 50 bottoms of BGA chips.

Attachments

• IMG20231103140143.jpg
    IMG20231103140143.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I just processed TOP part of BGA with many plastic ics so it was mixed 600 grams of ics having flatpacks , bga tops , ram sticks bga all mixed and I got 1.22 grams from that which is quite good I think.

Now for pin less processors and bottom part of BGA which were having visible gold bonding wires I directly put them in HNO3 and then I added HCl to make it aqua regia.

Then I ended up in blue solution only. Which is having gold I think.

Give me solutions to recover from that.

I have processed about 50, proccesorrs and 50 bottoms of BGA chips.
There should not be bonding wires in the bottom part of the BGAs.
I guess it is just Copper or similar.
The pin less CPUs have way less Gold since there is no Gold plated pins.
If there are Gold bonding wires in them they need to be pyrolized and incinerated too.
Going to AR are going to induce cementation and hold up losses in the fibers.
I have not processed them myself.
Gold solution is Yellow so in conjunction with the Copper blue the solutions is either Yellow (pure) or Green (Copper Gold mix)

Simply said Blue is Copper, but a Stannous test will tell you if it contains Gold!

Here
There should not be bonding wires in the bottom part of the BGAs.
I guess it is just Copper or similar.
The pin less CPUs have way less Gold since there is no Gold plated pins.
If there are Gold bonding wires in them they need to be pyrolized and incinerated too.
Going to AR are going to induce cementation and hold up losses in the fibers.
I have not processed them myself.
Gold solution is Yellow so in conjunction with the Copper blue the solutions is either Yellow (pure) or Green (Copper Gold mix)
It was having gold bonding wires for sure.

But stannes test is negative now.

Here

It was having gold bonding wires for sure.

But stannes test is negative now.
Ok, since I have not processed these myself we have to wait until someone that have chimes in.
The Stannous was positive before then I guess or was it ever positive?

How about the initial solution the blue one?
It was positive.

When I mixed hno3 it was greenish
But still when I mixed HCl it was still greenish but after filtering it that white scum got mixed with it and it got blue in colour.

Attachments

• IMG20231103193312.jpg
    IMG20231103193312.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20231103193305.jpg
    IMG20231103193305.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
It was positive.

When I mixed hno3 it was greenish
But still when I mixed HCl it was still greenish but after filtering it that white scum got mixed with it and it got blue in colour.
How much AR did you use for the precipitated powder?

Lets say 0.1 gram, which means you would have needed 0.1ml of Nitric.
We recommend using AR like this:
Cover the material with HCl, then (in this case) add Nitric by the drop until all is dissolved.
The use your SMB to drop it again.

My guess is that you used the AR the same way in the initial leach, that means you had a massive excess of Nitric.
Price is not the major cause why we are gentle with it, these issues are the main reason.
How did you use your Sulfamic?

Yes already don't with it.
Then you should know most of this.
Admittedly she used Urea and normal mixing,
our use of Sulfamic and conditional mixing of AR are of newer date and a part of the evolution of the business.

Back