Big Problem

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MapishPepperush

How I can remove In a efficient (without heating and without using hydroflourc acid) the silicon die from ceramic ic chips because under is gold braze and in all movies from YouTube nobody remove the silicon and recover the gold wich is under silicone

How I can remove In a efficient (without heating and without using hydroflourc acid) the silicon die from ceramic ic chips because under is gold braze and in all movies from YouTube nobody remove the silicon and recover the gold wich is under silicone
Aqua Regia will take the Gold braze under it.
Just crush the Die/Processor first.
Or leave it in the AR long enough.
Most or all, removes the braze here.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
Aqua Regia will take the Gold braze under it.
Just crush the Die/Processor first.
Or leav it in the AR long enough.
Most or all, removes the braze here.
if I understand I just crush very well and fine if is possible the middle, leaving just in aqua regia the silicon will remain still there.

Edited by Moderator to remove extra quote

if I understand I just crush very well and fine if is possible the middle, leaving just in aqua regia the silicon will remain still there.

Edited by Moderator to remove extra quote
No, you do not need to pulverize it.
Just break the processor/die into a few pieces so the AR get to work on the braze.
The silicon die by itself has no PMs

No, you do not need to pulverize it.
Just break the processor/die into a few pieces so the AR get to work on the braze.
The silicon die by itself has no PMs
I ask because all people wich I know they crush in pieces and the silicone is not removing or is removed in small pieces but in the middle they still have gold and the best choice wich they find is to remove by heating.

I ask because all people wich I know they crush in pieces and the silicone is not removing or is removed in small pieces but in the middle they still have gold and the best choice wich they find is to remove by heating.
They just need to give it time enough to let the AR eat itself all the way through.
Unless it is a Silver/Gold braze, then you might be out of luck.
The Silver will form AgCl and protect the Gold, if it is thick enough.

From what GSP always said, the braze that attaches the silicon die to the ceramic package is 96% gold, 4% silicon. The braze that attaches the metal lids is 80% gold 20% tin.

Latest posts

Back