blood sugar test strips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nthawk52

HI. Newbie here and have a question. I have a lot of used and expired test strips and wonder if I can just melt them in a crucible with borax flux to extract the gold. The chemical process scares the crap outa me.

nthawk52 said:
HI. Newbie here and have a question. I have a lot of used and expired test strips and wonder if I can just melt them in a crucible with borax flux to extract the gold. The chemical process scares the crap outa me.
Not really, no. If chemistry scares you, you've come to the wrong forum - Though I have no doubt someone around here would offer to buy them off you to process.

And FWIW, by "a lot", unless you mean literally in the thousands (or maybe the hundreds just for an unprofitable learning experience), you don't realistically have enough gold there to bother with. They really do have gold in them, but only a tiny amount each.

chlaurite said:
nthawk52 said:
Not really, no. If chemistry scares you, you've come to the wrong forum - Though I have no doubt someone around here would offer to buy them off you to process.

And FWIW, by "a lot", unless you mean literally in the thousands (or maybe the hundreds just for an unprofitable learning experience), you don't realistically have enough gold there to bother with. They really do have gold in them, but only a tiny amount each.

Thanks for the reply... I probably have about 3000 or so...

Latest posts

Back