BRIDGE & CROWN WANT TO REFINE

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi
I have tons of scrap Bridges & Crown(All are white silver color) from Bankrupt Dental clinic, I tested through RS MIZAR Electronic M24 Machine & Golden Touch Machine found Heavy Karats & Positve, I also try with Acid & Stone Test which also found all positives Now I want to Refine but don't know how--Anybody Helps would highly appreciates.

Some are with Porcelain & few without porcelain & cleaned.

Thanks
MD

[email protected]

I have serious doubts that you have anything of value. If the material in question is very hard, and breaks when you attempt to bend the appliances, it's a high temperature alloy, devoid of precious metals. It has the appearance of chrome. White alloys of value have a bit of a yellow cast, very unlike the base metal alloys. Be advised that some of the appliances could have some precious metal solders under the plastic.

Lose the idea of testing as you have. If you want reliable results, and have the required acids, it's easy enough to clip tiny samples of each type and dissolve them (independently) in AR. You can then test the solution for values using stannous chloride.

Let me give you a little tip. If you attempt to dissolve any of these items, the solution will have to be in the yellow through dark brown color. If you find the solution is green, you have no values of concern.

Still have questions?

Read Hoke

Harold

Hello Mr.Harold

Thanks, Yes I understood your advise but the way I did ( 3 types of test) Test have no proof, I called to States RS Mizar Manufacturer & ask about thier Machine test result Authenticity--Company are very much positive They told me that last 12 years they are saling these Machine everywhere in the world & have no complain about, Again I did acid test also---What you think then, Please let me know.
Thanks

Cobalt , chromium alloys register as a high karat gold or platinum on those electronic testers , so you have to use caution and alternate means of testing on white dental bridges and crowns.

poorprice said:
Hello Mr.Harold

Thanks, Yes I understood your advise but the way I did ( 3 types of test) Test have no proof, I called to States RS Mizar Manufacturer & ask about thier Machine test result Authenticity--Company are very much positive They told me that last 12 years they are saling these Machine everywhere in the world & have no complain about, Again I did acid test also---What you think then, Please let me know.
Thanks
I have extensive experience with these appliances. What I suggested is the real world, so I suggest you ignore the results of the testing you mentioned.

Teabone said it perfectly well:

teabone
Post subject: Re: BRIDGE & CROWN WANT TO REFINE

Cobalt , chromium alloys register as a high karat gold or platinum on those electronic testers , so you have to use caution and alternate means of testing on white dental bridges and crowns.

Do not rely on electronic testing. If, by chance, you find you have both base metals and values combined, they can be processed as a unit, taking advantage of the base metals to precipitate the values. I can give you guidance in doing so should that be necessary. It's the fastest and easiest way to sort the material.

Harold

goldsilverpro said:
You could break the metal loose and measure the density.

Hello
Thanks for your suggestion, Please let me know How I could break these scrap & measure the density as well Thanks again

1. Grasp the bridge with two pairs of pliers.

2. Bend the bridge at a 90 degree angle to the flat side of the piece.

3. If the bridge snaps with a rough edge it is worthless, if it bends all the way 180 degrees over it's possible that it contains PMs.

4. Snip off a small piece and test with AR and stannous if it passes the bend test (does not break= possible PMs)

Steve

I used your experience today on this exact issue. I know its an old thread but nowhere else on the internet can you find this knowledge in one place. Thank you guys very much for sharing your knowledge. It saved me a lot of money and testing. It snapped with rough edges but passed the acid tests.

Latest posts

Back