• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale buyers for medical grade platinum wire?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Novak

Supporting Member
Currently have 5.065 OZ of pure medical grade platinum wire with more on the way. Looks like steel wool! has already been nitric bathed to remove any impurities and will hot water rinse and HCL rinse again before shipping. Guaranteed to be over weight. Will post a picture in a day or 2. Original Platinum base with membrane and silver coating material removed. May contain trace silver, but I don't think it does.

Willing to separate in 1 oz lots. Buyer pays shipping, insurance is optional. Zelle or Paypal when it ships.

edited since I'm an idiot ;-) $650/troy oz ($888 spot price)

Pictures on request and I'll try and post a few in the next day or 2.

PM me if interested. happy to document any experiments within reason to prove purity or arrange sending a sample.

US domestic shipping only. Flat rate USPS.

Last edited:
gold platinum wire

$900 an oz as of 8/14/23 ($1242 spot price)

Per the bold print - as of the time of this post - the spot price of platinum is $891 - NOT $1242

$1223 is the "current" price for palladium (not platinum)
Willing to separate in 1 oz lots. Buyer pays shipping, insurance is optional.

So you are asking spot price for the platinum PLUS shipping - which means you are leaving NO room for the buyer to make money (in fact the buyer is loosing money)

Why would anyone (other then maybe a long term investor) make a deal where they loose money ???

Kurt

Stella - it is the insert from blood glucose meters.

very clearly states platinum and silver with a membrane.

https://www.dexcom.com/sites/dexcom.../dexcom-g4-platinum-sensor-package-insert.pdf
Also, - I'm more than happy to do any tests, even send samples, so please refrain from calling me a scammer.

Kurtak - that's my bad - you are correct I looked at palladium by accident.

Spot is $888 - willing to go $650

Last edited:
It always makes me chuckle when a seller tries to lay down their own set of rules.
Imagine if you let everyone do that. ten clients a day all making their own demands and asking to be paid before you even inspect the FULL LOT.
What exactly will one small sample tell you?
That is not how the industry works for some very good reasons.

No I get it Justin, but selling private party is different than selling to someone like yourself as a business entity.

You (As a company) can't risk screwing me with the "well, I lost it somewhere and now I don't want to pay for it" or pulling the old swap-er-oo once receiving it and sending crap back.

And I'm reasonable, would do deposits and (paypal / zelle / whatever is preferred so there is documented $$ exchange) but, screw it I'll just sell it to a refiner, so never mind.

(Or go buy a torch setup and just melt it to ingots)

Stella - it is the insert from blood glucose meters.

very clearly states platinum and silver with a membrane.

https://www.dexcom.com/sites/dexcom.../dexcom-g4-platinum-sensor-package-insert.pdf
Also, - I'm more than happy to do any tests, even send samples, so please refrain from calling me a scammer.

Kurtak - that's my bad - you are correct I looked at palladium by accident.

1.If so then state it directly.
2 Do not say pure medical grade, if you do not even know if its silver contaminated.
3 You have edit your post and the gold/platinium wire is now just platinium. That fits better since nitric would not have removed the gold.

Brett Novak, do not edit your posts. It is against forum rules unless you are correcting something minor like spelling mistakes. Your edit now makes other posts that followed not make sense, like where Kurtak quotes your original post stating "gold platinum wire". If you need to correct mistaked like the content of the material or the price, do so in a subsequent post.

Dave

Currently have 5.065 OZ of pure medical grade platinum wire

Brett - why don't you just send it to an actual refinery ?

The refinery that I deal with (send my metals to) will pay 91% spot on platinum if you send them 2.5 - 9.99 ozt with no assay &/or processing fees --- so at $888 spot they would pay you $808 per ozt
with more on the way.

If you send in 10 ozt or more they pay 94% spot

There terms are (as is true with ALL actual refineries) you send them the metal - they then pay you with in 2 - 4 days from the day they receive your metal

If Lou sees this he may well be interested in what you have as he run an actual refinery so his terms will likely be "close" to the same

If Lou does not chime in here (giving him first go) I will provide the contact info for the refinery that I deal with

Kurt

Kurt - that's what I'm gonna do. In the long run it's just way easier. I have a mini-torch so I may make myself a 1 or 2oz bar, and then start saving up the rest for a few months until I have enough to make it worthwhile to send to refiner.

Not in a hurry, so Lou has time to respond :)

We are business to business but if you have one, we can probably help.

If it looks like steel wool, it is likely the wire they use for stenting or so called coiling of aneurysms.

A nitric acid wash does not guarantee no silver or other materials. Also, is there documentation that states the wires are pure platinum under the silver/membrane?

Are these new or used? if used, then there are bio-hazard issues to address.

If there is a significant amount of silver, why remove it before selling?

Bill - these are new never used factory rejects. No biohazard issues.

I can recapture silver at home (which I need for inquarting gold anyway) but I don't have a setup to melt platinum. Removing the silver and membrane should render pure platinum.

Back