Can anything be refined from these?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The battery pack of a laptop has several safety mechanisms built-in, which make it much safer and easier to dispose of as a whole. I used to tear them down because I had a use for the 18650 cells, but it's so hard to find a place that accepts bare Li-Ion cells for recycling. I sleep better at night knowing that I don't have a box full of unprotected Li-Ion cells.

You might ask your scrapyard if they have rules about what kind of Li-Ion they accept, if they accept at all.

The battery pack of a laptop has several safety mechanisms built-in, which make it much safer and easier to dispose of as a whole. I used to tear them down because I had a use for the 18650 cells, but it's so hard to find a place that accepts bare Li-Ion cells for recycling. I sleep better at night knowing that I don't have a box full of unprotected Li-Ion cells.

You might ask your scrapyard if they have rules about what kind of Li-Ion they accept, if they accept at all.
Yes. Store them in a fireproof place. Once one of them ignites, there is no stopping it until it all burns out. Take that into consideration.

The real valeu is in the working lithium battery, there is a market for that. I dont think phone and tablets battery is worht to collect, but tested 18650 cells is worth to collect if they run +90% of the orginal power. Take a look. batteryhookup.com/collections/auctionshttps

Latest posts

Back