Can soium nitrate be mixed with muriatic to make AR?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve48135

Hi guys, I have been through posts on this forum and have searched through threads on google etc. I keep coming across posts where people state that sodium nitrate can be combined with hcl to make a low grade AR. Is this true? I have been building my list of materials, safety gear including an Israeli gas mask, even though when I actually do the gold dissolving it will be outdoors but I figure I cannot be safe enough. I of course will start out small. i have some old jewelry, pentium's and some fairly thickly plated millitary boards from the 60's-70's. I'm not expecting to become rich doing this by any means, but more of a hobby and to be able to own gold like I do silver. I ask because on top of the storm precipitant I already have I also have some(five pounds)sodium nitrate and hcl. I would like to make AR without buying subzero but I will include it in my next order from shor when I purchase urea if I must.

Thanks for the advice guy/gals and I love the information here.

steve48135 said:
but I will include it in my next order from shor

If you plan on a next order from Shor, you haven't studied the forum enough.
Just search shor and see what you find.

Jim

I will do that Jim, thank you. I hope I didn't buy bunk materials but I gather from your reply I may have. Off to read I go :)

I see the posts where people say that shor relabels chems as 'storm' etc. Thank you for letting me know.

Check the Links in Lazer Steve's signature. (guided tour and his website)
His videos will help you.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8

And Palladium's for the forum handbooks;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1666

Jim

jimdoc said:
And Palladium's for the forum handbooks;

Jim

We renamed it Jim, it's called Urban Mining now. Rotfl

Just kidding steve. You can find the link below in my sig line.

Just wanted to say thanks guys. After reading more I think I will be going to the AP route for my first experiments. I want to avoid the fumes as much as possible for my safety and the others around me and AP sounds much more of a fume-less technique and somewhat safer. Also the AP method uses chems I can purchase locally. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back