Can somebody please estimate my Results

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nabeelt8

Hi All,

I am a newbie, i have began a project to extra precious metals from various E waste.

I am in the process of reading C M Hook Book and will not proceed to any refining until i have read the complete book.

I currently have a number of Ewaste products i was just wondering if someone could estimate the results i should receive i am looking to extract all precious metals me and my friend are doing this part time and we both are quite enthusiastic about it all.

We have managed to get

20 KG of Motherboards all complete with no CPus or Pci Cards or Ram. Any ideas on result for this and what Metals to look for?

195 CPUS 190 Fiber Pentium 4 and 5 Ceramic Large cpus

400 Mobile phones from 1986 to 2004 models

I would be grateful for suggestion on these.

We have started by dismantling almost 100 Mobile Phones with all parts seperate Battery, PCb, Plastic other metals

Any suggestions or Ideas more than welcome

there is no answer for your question. im sorry, but there is too many variables involved. trust me when i say, this same question has been asked hundreds of times and given the same answer.

i can tell you that on average, it takes 100-150 desktop computers to make and ounce of gold, two ounces of palladium, silver values will vary on material and processes used. there are other semi-precious and non precious metal involved. the fifty computer variance is due to vintage and state of the computers (missing parts,PCI cards,memory cards,disk drives).

I agree with Geo... There's no definite answer when it comes to values in e-scrap.

It seems that you are off to a good start by reading Hoke book and sorting your material.

Do remember, that trying to recover the gold from whole boards and cards is rarely done profitably in the back yard.
There are many companies who will buy the boards from you outright, you do not have do to much. Just sort, pack and ship it out.
We have several UK based members here that may point you to the right direction when it comes to selling e-scrap.

Were it me, i would stick with recovery only from the richest components such as CPU's, fingers, high yield pins and memory sticks.
There might be on occasions, large and homogenous lots of a PM bearing components where in house recovery might be considered.

Otherwise, i treat mobo's same as i would with my scrap steel... seperate, collect and sell.

Latest posts

Back