cannot work well with aqua regia(recovery)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lim yi fa

Hi ,Please Help me
i a scrap collector that have alot of gold-plated connector scrap , so i intended to buy the shorinternational aqua regia but i realize the result is in the end black color rather then the gold color dust , is it the black color dust is gold?any better solution for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I suspect the black you describe is your gold, it is just finely divided and may not be pure.

You have many options beyond the setup you purchased. By reading the forum, you will come to understand that you can extract and refine gold without buying any kind of kit. Common household chemicals, plus HCl (or muriatic acid) are required, plus other commonly available substances. Tin solder, for example, in making stannous chloride testing solution.

Read Hoke's book if you can. The basic teaching involved will help you in refining, regardless of the nature of the scrap you acquire.

Harold

I agree with Harold_V

I tryed with Aqua Regia, lots of problems when you have lots of diffrend metals.

Try with AP + HCl-Cl method. Use Acid Perioxide and HCl to recover gold, and HCl-Cl do refine it. You know, all I learned here, it's not to read. Read all three times, make notes and ask. The slliest question is better than mistake. Here are very hepfull people. Visit Lazer Steve's website http://www.goldrecovery.us/

I agree with pheonix- before i came here all i knew was AR (but had never done it) Now I know about, and have used, AP + HCl/Clorox and am happy with the results so far- of course we'll see when i finally get around to making a button :p
There is a ton of info everywhere on here.

Back