cartridge filter setup and pore size

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

To improve my filtering process of aqua regia solution i would like to have your opinion and advice on setting up a filtering system with filter cartridge. Actually i am filtering with a vacuum pump, filtration flask using whatman grade 6 filter paper. it works quite well except that most of the time i have to filter several times, to have a translucent fluid prior to precipitate with smb. beside whatman filter paper grd 6 is getting rare on the market.

For info my aqua regia is from scrap jewelry that i have inquarted with silver and treated in nitric acid before proceeding with aqua regia dissolution.

Anyone has built a cartridge setup please.

Thx

Hi all

To improve my filtering process of aqua regia solution i would like to have your opinion and advice on setting up a filtering system with filter cartridge. Actually i am filtering with a vacuum pump, filtration flask using whatman grade 6 filter paper. it works quite well except that most of the time i have to filter several times, to have a translucent fluid prior to precipitate with smb. beside whatman filter paper grd 6 is getting rare on the market.

For info my aqua regia is from scrap jewelry that i have inquarted with silver and treated in nitric acid before proceeding with aqua regia dissolution.

Anyone has built a cartridge setup please.

Thx
Run it several times through the filter or get some finer filter papers.
It is supposed to be crystal clear after filtering.

Try the Whatman #1. It is my main go to filter when looking for high purity. Even then on occasion running the solution through multiple times may be needed.

Like this.

805.jpeg

Back